Presenting at MSRD
Presentation Registration & Abstract Submission
To present and compete at MSRD, eligible medical students interested in participating must 1) first register their presentation and 2) then later submit the abstract and abstract-related information by the deadlines below. Registration and abstracts will be submitted electronically through online forms that will be provided. Please read the information and instructions in the sections below carefully prior to submitting presentation registration and abstract.
Presentation Registration Deadline: Friday, October 8, 2021, 11:59 pm EST
Registration is closed.
Abstract Submission Deadline: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 11:59 pm EST
Abstract submission is closed.
All of the following requirements for eligibility must be met. If you have any questions regarding eligibility below, please submit your question through Ask MSRD.
- Presenter must be a medical student currently attending the University of Maryland School of Medicine (UM SOM) and who has completed at least one year of medical school.
- Presenter must have conducted the research while matriculated as a UM SOM student and within two years from the date of MSRD, regardless of the location of the research.
- The content of the research must be related to biomedical fields or health topics. Clinical case presentations or vignettes are eligible.
- The research must not have been presented at a previous MSRD. Research that is an extension of research presented at a previous MSRD is permitted. If it is an extension, prior research and data can be included as part of the background and preliminary data.
- The research must not be part of thesis or dissertation research. Dual degree students (MD/PhD and MD/MS) are eligible if the research was conducted prior to PhD or MS training.
Note: To be eligible for award prizes, presenter must be present at the Awards segment on Day 2 (~4:05-4:35pm).
Presentation Registration Deadline: Friday, October 8, 2021, 11:59 pm EST.
Presentation registration is closed
Please review the "Presentation Registration" guidelines document below carefully for detailed instructions before submitting your entry. Presentations must be registered prior to abstract submission. Late registration submissions are not guaranteed to be considered.
Abstract Submission Deadline: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 11:59 pm EST.
Late abstract submissions will not be accepted and will not be included in the abstract booklet.
Abstract submission is closed
Please review the "Abstract Submission" guidelines document below carefully for detailed instructions before submitting your entry. Presentation must be registered prior to abstract submission.
The "Co-Author Worksheet" can be used to collect information in preparation for abstract submission.
Abstract booklets from past MSRD can be used for reference as examples of abstract content.
Presentation Materials submission deadlines:
- Poster File (PowerPoint): due by Sunday, November 7
- Posters should be 48 in. wide by 36 in. tall (4'x3') in slide size
- Presentation File (PowerPoint): due by Sunday, November 14
- 2-5 slides for short introduction of the poster: image of poster + summary or higlight (can be taken from sections of the poster)
- PowerPoint Presentation File: due by Saturday, November 13
Event Procedures document that will be provided will include more details regarding event and presentation procedures and the submission of presentation materials. All presentation materials should be submitted through the Presentation Materials Submission Form.
Please remember to include your presentation ID (example: O.13 or P.02) on the top right or top left of each slide of your presentation file and on the poster file.
Presentation Resources and Tips
If you would like to build up or sharpen your presentation skills, the below linked presentation resources and tips may be helpful in preparing and practicing your presentations.
- Presentation Resources and Tips (Accessible using SOM credentials)
For questions, please use the Ask MSRD form.