The mission of Pediatric Education is to create and foster an educationally driven environment where everyone is engaged and invested in learning for now and learning for life.
Our vision is to be effective leaders in the Department of Pediatrics and work in an environment where people are sensitive to the needs of children and their families, and passionate about learning and become leaders in their field.
We oversee the residency training programs in Categorical Pediatrics and co-lead the residencies in Internal Medicine-Pediatrics and Pediatrics-Emergency Medicine. We also administer all of the teaching programs for medical students at the University of Maryland School of Medicine as well as serve as advisors and mentors to medical students who are interested in careers in pediatrics.
Our faculty are involved in medical education research and curriculum development on a national level, including a study of an oral case presentation rating tool, creation of a competency-based curriculum in pediatrics to span the medical school-residency continuum, and development of an eFolio connector system for physicians.
Division Faculty and Staff
- Linda Orkin Lewin, MD, Associate Chair for Educational Programs; Division Chief
- Erin Giudice, MD, Residency Program Director
- Gail Olsen, PhD
- Miriam Saad, MD
- Carolyn Wilhelm, MD
- Leah Millstein, MD, Associate Program Director
- Robert Habicht, MD, Internal Medicine-Pediatrics Program Director
- David Bowman, MD, Co-clerkship Director
- Susan Feigelman, MD, Continuity Clinic Director
- Debra Weber, MD, Mercy Medical Center
- Ronald San Juan, MD, Mercy Medical Center
- Jason Custer, MD, Assistant Program Director
- Patricia Schmidt, Residency Program Coordinator
- Rose Robinson, Clerkship Coordinator
- Davina Gilliam, Administrative Assistant
Division Contact Information
Address: 22 South Greene Street, Room N5W70, Baltimore, MD 21201