Antibody Validation and Vector Core
The Antibody Validation and Vector Core provides a tool kit of basic science reagents that allow investigators to manipulate and analyze PKD genes and proteins. Technical assistance is available to help investigators optimize protocols and interpret data. All reagents must be requested through the PKD RRC website.
The following reagents, vectors and cell lines are available:
- Kits for validating antibody specificity, including positive and negative controls for Western analysis, immunoprecipitation and immunhistochemistry.
New Monoclonal Polycystin-1 Antibodies
This Core has developed a series of new mouse monoclonal Polycystin-1 antibodies directed to domains (blue boxes) in the N-terminus and C-terminus of the protein.
New rat monoclonal polycystin-1 CTF antibody (E8) released
New monoclonal polycystin-1 antibodies released
Test result for commercial polycystin-1 antibodies
Tagged Expression Vectors
(Mutant and Wild Type Genes)
Tags include flag, myc, HA. Untagged versions are also available.
Custom engineered versions of all constructs are available on request.
- Murine embryonic fibroblasts (Pkd1-/-, Pkd2-/-, Pkd1t/v, Pkhd1del3-4/del3-4 and wild type controls)
- MDCK and HEK cell lines with stable, inducible expression of wild type and mutant PKD constructs
The following PC1 antibodies are now available from Millipore and Kerafast:
- E4: MABS1252 | Anti-Polycystin-1 Antibody, clone E4 (5F4D2)
- E4: Anti-Polycystin-1 [E4] Antibody
- E3: Anti-Polycystin-1 [E3] Antibody
- E8: Anti-Polycystin-1 [E8-8C3C10] Antibody
- mCC: Chicken Anti-Mouse Polycystin-1 (PC1), C-Terminal Antibody
- mCC: Rabbit Anti-Mouse Polycystin-1 (PC1), C-Terminal Antibody