Center for Innovative Biomedical Resources (CIBR)
Center for Innovative Biomedical Resources
CIBR is a UMB-wide shared resource for state-of-the-art technologies, high-tech instrumentation, and expertise that supports biomedical research, clinical practice and health care
Other Shared Resources
UM Greenbaum Comprehensive Cancer Center - Shared Services
Shared scientific resources provide support and facilitate specialized research activities for all UMGCCC investigators. Shared Services allow scientists at UMGCCC and the UMSOM e to pool their expertise and resources.
BIORESCO Resource Supply Store
A list of vendors that provide laboratory supplies and services
Clinical Research Facilities
- UMB Institute for Clinical Translational Research
- General Clinical Research Center (UMM)
- UMM Biorepository
Cardiovascular Data Science Initiative
We have partnered with colleagues in the University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) - Department of Mathematics and Statistics to utilize advanced Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning as well as traditional methodologies to unravel and mine the welath of data generated in clinical trials, electronic health records, digital health devices, cardiac imaging studies and academic drug discovery efforts.
Animal Research Facilities
- Physiology Phenotyping Lab
In vivo measurements of CV and extra-CV function in mice and larger animals,
- Transgenic and Knockout Facility
- Translational Laboratory Shared Service
Carries out various in vivo assay
- Veterinary Services (UMB)
- Air Pollution Exposure Facility
- UMB Experts
Searchable database of up-to-date research profiles of the research faculty from all disciplines at the University of Maryland, Baltimore
Research Regulatory Links
- Office of Animal Welfare Assurance (OAWA)
- Human Research Protections
- Collaborative Institutional Comprehensive Evaluation of Research Online (CICERO)
- Maryland Stem Cell Research Fund (MSCRF)
Functions to promote state-funded stem cell research and cures through grants and loans to public and private entities in the State.
- Funding Sources
List of university and external sources of research funds.
- Office of Research and Development
Information and tools to secure corporate funding and promote technology commercialization efforts.
- Grant Deadlines
List of grant application deadlines put together by the Research Career Development Program.
- Health Sciences and Human Services Library
Portal offering University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) library services.
- Research at UM
Office of Research (OSU) access portal to all of the web-based tools, software, and downloadable forms needed to conduct research at UMB.
- Research Career Development (RCD)
Offers workshops, classes and seminars in subjects critical to academic research careers.
Grants and Funding Opportunities
- American Lung Association Research and Funding Opportunities
- American Heart Association (AHA) Research and Funding Opportunities
- AHA Grants@Heart Grants Submission and Tracking Site
- American Thoracic Society Research and Funding Opportunities
- Community of Scholars (COS) Pivot Funding Portal
- Granthome Database of Scientific Research Grants
- National Cancer Institute Research and Funding Opportunities
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Research and Funding Opportunities
- National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering Research and Funding Opportunities
- National Institutes of Health Research and Funding
Policies, Guidelines, and Opportunities
- NIH Electronic Research Administration(eRA) Commons Grant Application Database
- National Science Foundation
Research and Funding Opportunities
- US Government Funding Opportunities and Grant Application Tracking: Grants.gov
News and Research Aids
- American College of Cardiology Smart Brief
Twice weekly snapshot of cardiology news (free subscription)
- American Diabetes Association Smart Brief
Daily snapshot of diabetes news (free subscription)
Database of publicly and privately supported clinical studies conducted around the world
- NIH Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tools (RePORT)
Portal for reports, data, and analyses of NIH research activities, grants, and awards
- NIH RePORTER
Searchable database of NIH awards and grants