Application Process & Interview Information
All applicants must be graduates of an approved medical school and have satisfactorily completed one year of approved post-graduate training (PGY-1), prior to entering clinical training in radiation oncology. We accept all applications through ERAS. All positions are only offered through the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
The following materials must be submitted through ERAS:
- ERAS application
- Curriculum vitae (ERAS format is acceptable)
- Personal statement
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) or "Dean's letter"
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably including one or two from academic Radiation Oncologists.
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE Step 1
- USMLE Step 2, when available
- Your email address
All interviews are by invitation only and are typically held in November, December, and January. The interviews will be virtual. Interviews last for one day and include an optional invitation to a virtual dinner on the evening prior with the current residents.
Number of PGY-2 vacancies: two (2) - to start July 1, 2024
The current resident contract or applicant communication package can be found on the GME website: Applicant Communication Package, Contract, and Questionnaire | University of Maryland Medical Center (umms.org). For additional information about the GME policies, benefits and local information please visit: Prospective UMMC Residents and Fellows | University of Maryland Medical Center (umms.org).
For applicants with questions about disabilities and similar accomodations, please visit the GME website and click on the "GME Technical Skills for Applicants" policy.
- Residency Program Director: Sarah Anne McAvoy, MD
- Residency Program Associate Director: Wendla K. Citron, MD
- Education Program Manager: Dionna Robinson, MS
For more information, please contact Dionna Robinson at Dionna.Robinson@umm.edu.