The objective of the UMM Biorepository is to provide the resources and support for large-scale studies to empower basic and clinical researchers to make discoveries in genomics and ‘omics’ science and to translate these discoveries to more effective diagnostics and therapeutics.
The UMM Biorepository is a resource building effort that includes banking of blood samples from UMMS patients as well as collections of various biospecimens from collaborating UM researchers. Stateof- the-art robotic freezer and liquidhandling equipment offers a secure and managed environment for biospecimen processing, storage and distribution. Data connected to the samples is obtained through the electronic health record and/ or study-specific data collection, allowing for multi-disciplinary research that can impact a range of health issues.
- Sample processing & banking
- DNA/RNA extraction & banking
- Sample storage
- Sample retrieval
Clinical Research Support
- IRB protocol preparation assistance
- Phlebotomy/sample collection
- Survey administration
- State-of-the-art automated, ultra-low temperature (-80o C) freezer system
- Equipped to accommodate over 900,000 biospecimens
- DNA/RNA extraction
- Sample aliquoting and set up specific assays using retrieved samples