Our laboratory offers cytogenetic and genomic diagnosis for both constitutional and acquired chromosome abnormalities. We focus on the detection and characterization of chromosome abnormalities in hematological malignancies.
The Cytogenetics Laboratory is a CLIA-certified and CAP accredited facility that provides comprehensive cytogenetic diagnosis on multiple sample types including peripheral blood, bone marrow, fibroblasts and tissues. We also participate in clinical trial studies.
The techniques used in the laboratory included karyotyping, fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH), and SNP-microarray analyses. Our dedicated team includes an American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics-certified clinical cytogeneticist and highly-experienced supervisors and technologists.
- Chromosome Studies on multiple sample types including peripheral blood, bone marrow, fibroblasts and solid tissues (Karyotype)
- FISH testing
- Microarray analyses (Data analyses)
Automatic Interphase and Metaphase Finder
Metasystems Metafer Slide Scanner and Ikaros/Isis Analysis Software are powerful tools.
- Automatic export of high resolution images for analysis
Major equipment available:
- Metasystems Metafer Slide Scanner and Ikaros/Isis Analysis Software
- Nikon TMS microscope w/Fluorescence
- Olympus AX-70 microscope
- Olympus BHSM microscope
- Olympus BX-41 microscope
- Olympus BX-41 w/Fluorescence
- Zeiss Axiophot microscope
- Zeiss Axioskop microscope
Chromosome Studies (Karyotype)
- Whole chromosome painting
- Centromere probes
- Subtelomere probes
- Microdeletion probes
- Cancer probes
- Other locus-specific probes
Cytogenomic Microarray Analyses
- Cytogenomic microarray analyses of a solid tumor revealed duplications (in blue lines), deletions (in red line) and CN-LOH regions (yellow in cytobands).