The NIH NeuroBioBank was formed and funded by NIMH, NICHD and NINDS to provide researchers access via one website to human tissue collected, processed and stored by the following Brain and Tissue Banks:
- University of Maryland Brain and Tissue Bank
- University of Miami Brain Endowment Bank
- Harvard Tissue Resource Center
- The Human Brain and Spinal Fluid Resource Center
- Mt. Sinai Brain Bank
- Brain Tissue Donation Program at the University of Pittsburgh
Click on the “Researchers” tab at the NIH NeuroBioBank website. Information is provided for tissue availability from hundreds of disorders along with demographics and RIN, a measure of RNA quality.
All requests for tissue must be submitted to the NIH NeuroBioBank.