Purchasing Procedures & Animal Ordering
All research animal acquisitions (purchases or not), or transfers must be made through the Program in Comparative Medicine and Veterinary Resources (PCMVR). Only PCMVR may receive animals delivered to UMB or facilitate exports. Animals arriving that have not been ordered by PCMVR will not be accepted or allowed to enter the facility.
- This arrangement is necessary, in part, to assure that the proper housing is available and to assist investigators in obtaining healthy animals at reasonable costs from safe, dependable sources.
- Also, to ensure adherence to IACUC protocols and other regulations.
- CY22 Veterinary Resources Per Diem and Fee Schedule can be found here
- No order will be placed without the correct IACUC protocol number
- A completed Charge Authorization Form must be submitted to VRAccounts@som.umaryland.edu if the form is not already on file
- Use the comments section of the animal purchase request form to provide additional information that will enable us to best serve you.
- This is especially helpful when ordering pregnant animals or litters, or for animals with special requirements prior to delivery.
- You will receive an email when the animal order has been placed and another when it has been received.
Purchase requests must be received by noon on the Thursday prior to the week delivery is desired to ensure the vendor can supply the number and type of animals requested, and to ensure that Veterinary Resources has the proper housing available. Late orders may not be able to be met and/or additional fees may apply.