Skip to main content

Animal Husbandry and Facility Procedures

All research animals (mammal, amphibian, fish, etc.) are to be housed within our facilities unless approved otherwise. For questions or concerns, please contact the corresspending facility manager. Contact information can be found for each building below:

Campus Facilities:

Satellite Facilities:

Associated Facilities:

  • Baltimore Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VA)
  • Institute of Marine and Environmental Technology (IMET)
  • Institute of Human Virology (IHV)
  • University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)

To request cages:

Please send an email at least 24 hours in advance to and include the following:

  • number of cages
  • PI name and protocol number
  • Animal housing building and room number
  • Date needed by