All research animals (mammal, amphibian, fish, etc.) are to be housed withing our facilities unless approved otherwise.
The following areas are used for the housing of research animals:
- Bressler Research Building (BRB)
- Health Sciences Research Facility I (HSRF-I)
- Health Sciences Research Facility II (HSRF-II)
- Health Sciences Research Facility III (HSRF-III)
- Howard Hall (HH)
- Medical School Teaching Facility (MSTF)
- School of Dentistry
- School of Nursing
- School of Pharmacy
- UMB Bio-Park I & II
- Baltimore Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Institute of Marine and Environmental Technology (IMET)
- Maryland Psychiatric Research Center (MPRC)
Accessing Animal Facilities on UMB Campus
If your research duties require that you have access to one of the animal facilities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A request outlining which animal facility you need access to and why.
- A photo of both sides of the I.D. must be included
- Department, Center, Program or Institution Chair/Director should be copied as should Faculty Mentor if applicable.
- You many never allow someone else to use your ID to enter an animal facility.
- Unauthorized persons (including co-workers, visitors, friends and children) are not permitted in the facilities without the approval of Veterinary Resources.
- Veterinary Resources veterinary staff and professional colleagues, such as site visitors accompanying the veterinary staff, have unrestricted access to all areas of the campus where animals are held.