Animal Housing and Facility Access
All research animals (mammal, amphibian, fish, etc.) are to be housed within our facilities unless approved otherwise.
The following areas are used for the housing of research animals:
Please click on the link below for facility tour contact info.
- Bressler Research Building (BRB)
- Health Sciences Research Facility I (HSF-I)
- Health Sciences Research Facility III (HSF-III)
- Howard Hall (HH)
- Medical School Teaching Facility (MSTF)
- School of Nursing (no tour)
- School of Pharmacy (no tour)
Accessing Animal Facilities on UMB Campus
If your research duties require that you have access to one of the animal facilities, please complete both badge access and key access forms below. The forms must be printed and signed, and then sent to Patricia Matos (firstname.lastname@example.org), the business program manager.
- VR Facility Access Form (fillable)
- The Proxy number can be found below the magnetic strip on your UMB One Card.
- VR Facility Key Receipt form (fillable)
- The building animal facility manager will issue you the necessary keys for access.
- School of Dentistry
- UMB Bio-Park I
- Maryland Psychiatric Research Center (MPRC)
- Baltimore Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Institute of Marine and Environmental Technology (IMET)
- Institute of Human Virology (IHV)
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)
- You may never share your UMB ID One Card to allow another person facility access. This may cause your access to be revoked.
- Escorting visitors (anyone who doesn’t already have facility access) requires approval from a Veterinary Resource veterinarian or the business program manager.