Education and Training
- The Johns Hopkins University, ScM, Genetic counseling, 2012
- The Johns Hopkins University, PhD, Health, behavior and society, 2015
Dr. Guan has combined clinical training as a genetic counselor with advanced research training in the social and behavioral sciences. Her work has been focusing on dissemination and implementation research in personalized genomic medicine, especially in the field of common diseases whose genetic architecture mirrors that of diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, and cancer.
Genetic counseling, dissemination and implementation research, personalized genomic medicine.
- Guan Y, Roter DL, Erby LH, Wolff JL, Gitlin LN, Roberts JS, Green RC, Christensen KD. Disclosing genetic risk of Alzheimer's disease to cognitively impaired patients and visit companions: Findings from the REVEAL Study. Patient Educ Couns. 2016 Dec 14;PubMed PMID: 28012682.
- Borzekowski DL, Guan Y, Smith KC, Erby LH, Roter DL. The Angelina effect: immediate reach, grasp, and impact of going public. Genet Med. 2014 Jul;16(7):516-21. PubMed PMID: 24357847.
- Guan Y, Roter DL, Huang A, Erby LA, Chien YH, Hwu WL. Parental discussion of G6PD deficiency and child health: implications for clinical practice. Arch Dis Child. 2014 Mar;99(3):251-5. PubMed PMID: 24291731.