Director of GI Motility Program
22 South Greene Street, Rm N3W62
Education and Training
MBBS., Peking University School of Medicine, Beijing, China.
PhD, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Health Science Center, Shreveport, LA.
Post Graduate Education and Training
Internship and Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR.
Fellowship, Gastroenterology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD.
I am board certified in Gastroenterology. My clinical interests are in the areas of esophageal motility disorders and impedance-pH monitoring. My basic science research is focused on colon cancer.
Esophageal motility disorders; GERD; Colon cancer
1. Wong, U., Person, E., Castell, D., von Rosenvinge, E, Raufman, R and Xie, G. Improving High-Resolution Impedance Manometry Using Novel Viscous and Super-Viscous Substrates in the Supine and Upright Positions: A Pilot Study. J Neuogastrol Motil. 2018, doi: 10.5056/jnm18010.
2. Christian, K., Morris, J and Xie, G. Endoscopy- and Monitored Anesthesia Care-Assisted High-Resolution Impedance Manometry Improves Clinical Management. Case Rep Gastrointest Med. 2018. https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/9720243
3. Peng, Z., Chen, J., Drachenberg, C., Raufman, JP and Xie, G. Farnesoid X receptor represses matrix metalloproteinase 7 expression, revealing this regulatory axis as a promising therapeutic target in colon cancer. J Biol Chem. 2019, 294 (21): 8529-8542.
4. Wellington, J., Kim, J., Castell, D and Xie, G. Dysphagia lusoria: utility of high resolution impedance manometry to identify true disease. Neurogastroenterology & Motility. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1111/nmo.14176
5. Xie, G., Peng, Z., Liang, J., Larabee, S., Drachenberg, C., Yfantis, H and Raufman, JP. Zinc finger protein 277 is an intestinal transit-amplifying cell marker and colon cancer oncogene. J Clin Invest Insight. 2022, 10.1172/jci.insight.150894
6. Leopold, A., Wellington, J., Jalalian, A and Xie, G. Nasal trumpet harmoniously improves tolerance to high-resolution impedance manometry catheter placement. Neurogastroenterology & Motility. 2022; 00:e14340. doi:10.1111/nmo.14340.
7. Leopold, A., Jalalian A., Thaker P., Wellington, J, Papademetrious M and Xie, G. Major Mixed Motility Disorders: An Important Subset of Esophagogastric Junction Outflow Obstruction. Neurogastroenterology & Motility. 2023. http://doi.org/10.1111/nmo.14555