Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
Doctor of Optometry
(667) 214 - 1111 (for appointments)
Education and Training
- Residency: Cornea and Specialty Contact Lens, The Eye Institute, Philadelphia, PA
- Doctor of Optometry: Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University, Elkins Park, PA
- Bachelor of Science: University of Maryland, College Park
Dr. Nurit Ariel Wilkins is a clinical instructor of optometry at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. She specializes in comprehensive eyecare for patients of all ages, and has a passion for finding the best solution for any visual problem. She has expertise in fitting unique specialty contact lenses for patients with many complex anterior segment diseases such as keratoconus.
Dr. Wilkins is dedicated to lifelong learning and enjoys lecturing nationally at professional meetings such as The Global Specialty Lens Symposium and The American Academy of Optometry. She has been a Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry since 2017.
Dr. Wilkins enjoys serving her community in the Baltimore area, as well as serving patients worldwide. She has gone on medical and sugical mission trips overseas with World Blindness Outreach. She lives in Baltimore with her husband, Drew, and their children, Benjamin and Emily Nina.
Keratoconus, ocular disease, anterior segment disease, irregular astigmatism, visual correction, specialty contact lenses, scleral contact lenses, gas permeable contact lenses
- Wilkins N, Munir S, and Levin M. Corneal Manifestations of Systemic Disease. Review of Optometry. Accepted for publication, May 2019
- Wilkins N, Scleral Lenses: Boom Don’t Bust: Prudent Strategies to Prevent a Scleral Lens Complications Surge. Review of Optometry. August 2018
- Andalibi S, Haidara M, Bor N, and Levin M. An Update on Neonatal and Pediatric Conjunctivitis. Current Ophthalmology Reports. July 2015.
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry
- Recipient of Gas Permeable Lens Institute Clinical Excellence Award
- Member of the Maryland Optometric Association
- Chen E, Gillogly A, Heinrich C and Wilkins N. Rapid Fire: Scleral Contact Lenses for the Management of Pediatric Eye Disease. American Academy of Optometry From Home. October 2020.
- Chen E, Lundquist B, Wilkins N, and Heinrich C. Rapid Fire: A Series of Cornea Clinical Encounters. American Academy of Optometry meeting, San Antonio, TX, November 2018.
- Nurit A. Wilkins. Specialty Contact Lenses for Visual Rehabilitation after Keratoplasty. Global Specialty Lens Symposium, Las Vegas, Nevada, January 2018.
- Nurit A. Bor. An Update on Corneal Collagen Cross-Linking. Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University. May 2016.
- Nurit A. Bor. Fitting Scleral Contact Lenses in Today’s Ophthalmic Practice. Bucks-Montgometry Optometric Association. Continuing Education Presentation. May 2016
- Nurit A. Bor. Rehabilitative Use of Scleral Contact Lenses in the Treatment of Suboptimal Outcome of Multiple Refractive Surgeries. Poster Presentation. Global Specialty Lens Symposium, January 2016
- Nurit A. Bor. Custom Colored Contact Lenses for Treatment of Severe Photophobia: A Case Report. Poster Presentation. American Academy of Optometry 2015 Annual Meeting