University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute
Education and Training
2005-2009: B.S.M., Finance, Tulane University (Magna Cum Laude)
2009-2013: M.D., Temple University School of Medicine
Post Graduate Education and Training
2013-2014: Internship, Internal Medicine, University of Maryland Medical Center
2014-2017: Resident, Anesthesiology, University of Maryland Medical Center
2017-2018: Fellowship, Pain Medicine, University of Maryland Medical Center
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
1. Watterworth BS, Shats I, Bernstein WK. A Case of Adult Double-Chambered Right Ventricle Causing Severe Right Ventricular Outflow Tract Obstruction: A Perioperative Perspective. M J Surg 2016; 1(1): 001.
Submitted or In-Revision Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
1. Watterworth, BS, Noorani, RJ. Intraoperative Use of Desmopressin for Treatment of Profound Hyponatremia in the Setting of Emergency Surgery: A Case Report. A & A Case Reports.
1. Walters KC, Mostafa G, Tweddale CC, Watterworth BS, Norton HJ, Kercher KW, Heniford BT. Outcomes of abdominal surgery in octogenarians. Association for Academic Surgery, 4th Academic Surgical Congress, Fort Myers, FL, Poster, February 2009.
2. Watterworth BS, Bernstein W. Double, Double Without Toil and Trouble: Correction of Adult Congenital Double-Chambered Right Ventricle and Ventricular Septal Defect Causing Severe Right Ventricular Outflow Tract Obstruction. American Society of Anesthesiologists. Anesthesiology 2015 Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, Poster, October 2015.
3. Watterworth, BS, Deshpande, S. Platypnea Orthodeoxia and Hyperhomocysteinemia: Rare Disease States in a Patient Presenting for Aortic Root Repair. American Society of Anesthesiologists. Anesthesiology 2016 Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL. Poster, October 2016.
4. Watterworth BS, Strauss, E, Bernstein WK. A Type A gets tPA: Thrombolysis Therapy in Acute Aortic Dissection Masquerading as Ischemic Stroke. American Society of Anesthesiologists. Anesthesiology 2016 Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL. Poster, October 2016.
5. Watterworth BS, Li, J, Alyamani, OA, Wallace, R, Chatrath, M, Bharadwaj, S. CHAOS without Chaos Preterm EXIT Procedure for Congenital High Airway Obstruction Syndrome (CHAOS). International Anesthesia Research Society 2017 Annual Meeting, Washington D.C. Poster, May 2017.