MSTF, room 4-34F
Veterinary Medicine, Trakia University, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Bulgaria, EU- 1987
Residency in Laboratory Animal Medicine and Comparative Medicine- Veterinary Resources, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD - 2009
Dr. Tatarov joined the University of Maryland’s Veterinary Resources in 2002 to help with the veterinary care of animals utilized in research as well as provide ALAT training to husbandry staff. He completed a residency in Laboratory Animal Medicine. He joined Department of Surgery in 2015 to help with xeno and allo- transplantation.
1. Kolappaswamy K, Shipley ST, Tatarov IT, DeTolla LJ. (2008) Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus non-aureus infection in an irradiated rhesus macaque (Macaca mulatta). J Amer Assoc Lab Anim Sci 47:64-67. PMID: 18459716.
2. Panda A, Tatarov I, Melton-Celsa AR, Kolappaswamy K, Kriel EH, Petkov D, Coksaygan T, Livio S, McLeod CG, Nataro JP, O’Brien AD, DeTolla LJ. (2010) Escherichia coli O157:H7 infection in Dutch belted and New Zealand white rabbits. Comparative Medicine. 60:31-37. PMID: 20158946.
3. Tatarov, Ivan; Panda, Aruna; Petkov, Daniel; Kolappaswamy, Krishnan; Thompson, Keyata; Kavirayani, Anoop; Elson, Edward; Davis, Christopher; Martin, Stuart; DeTolla, Louis;(2011) Effect of Magnetic Fields on Tumor Growth and Viability. Comparative Medicine. 61:339-345. PMID: 22330249.
1.Tonia Zangari, Angela R. Melton-Celsa, Aruna Panda, Nadia boisen, Mark A. Smith, Ivan Tatarov, Louis J. DeTolla, James P. Nataro and Alison D. O’Brien. Virulence of the Shiga Toxin Type 2-Expressing Escherichia coli 0104:H4 German Outbreak Isolate in Two Animal Models. Infection and Immunity, 2013, 81(5): 1562-1574. PMID: 23439303.
2. Zangari, T., Melton-Celsa, A., Panda, A., Smith, M., Taratov, I., DeTolla, L.J., and O'Brien, A.D. Enhanced virulence of the Escherichia coli O157:H7 spinach-associated outbreak strain in two animal models is associated with higher levels of Stx2 production after induction with ciprofloxacin. Infection and Immunity. September 15 2014. IAI.02361-14. PMID: 25225244.
3. Aruna Panda, Ivan Tatarov, Billie Jo Masek, Justin Hardick, Annabelle Crusan, Teresa Wakefield, Karen Carroll, Samuel Yang, Yu-Hsiang Hsieh, Michael M. Lipsky, Charles G. McLeod, Myron M. Levine, Richard E. Rothman, Charlotte A.Gaydos, and Louis J. DeTolla. A rabbit model of non-typhoidal Salmonella bacteremia. Comparative Immunology, Microbiology and Infectious Diseases. July 2014. doi: 10.1016/j.cimid.2014.05.004. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 25033732.
4. Elana R Rybak, Steve Shipley, Ivan Tatarov, Tianshu Zhang, Wenji Sun, Gheorghe Braileanu, Lars Burdorf, Evelyn Sievert, Agnes M Azimzadeh, Louis J DeTolla, and Richard N Pierson III. Clinical Trypanosoma cruzi Disease after Cardiac Transplantation in a Cynomolgus Macaque (Macaca fascicularis). Comparative Medicine Copyright 2016 by the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science, Vol 66, No 6, December 2016, Pages 1–5