Institute of Human Virology
Education and Training
BS - Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
MPH - International Health and Development, Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, New Orleans, LA
MD - Ross University School of Medicine, Dominica, West Indies
Residency - Internal Medicine, York Hospital, York, PA
Fellowship - Infectious Diseases, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD
1. Wang P, Huang L, Davis JL, Swartzman A, Roth B, Stone J, Wu AHB. A hydrophilic-interaction chromatography tandem mass spectrometry method for quantitation of serum s-adenosylmethionine in patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus. Clinica Chimica Acta. 2008; 396(1-2): 86-88.
2. Tipirneni R, Daly KR, Jarlsberg LG, Koch JV, Swartzman A, Roth BM, Walzer PD and Huang L. Healthcare worker occupation and immune response to Pneumocystis jirovecii. Emerging Infectious Diseases. 2009; 15(10): 1590-1597.
3. Djawe K, Huang L, Daly KR, Levin L, Koch J, Schwartzman A, Fong S, Roth B, Subramanian A, Grieco K, Jarlsberg L and Walzer PD. Serum antibody levels to the Pneumocystis jirovecii major surface glycoprotein in the diagnosis of P. jirovecii pneumonia in HIV-positive patients. PloS One. 2010; 5(12): e14259.
4. Yoon C, Subramanian A, Chi A, Crothers K, Meshnick SR, Taylor SM, Beard CB, Jarlsberg LG, Lawrence GG, Avery M, Swartzman A, Fong S, Roth B, Huang, L. Dihydropteroate synthase mutations in Pneumocystis pneumonia: Impact of applying definitions of prophylaxis, mortality endpoints and mutant in a single cohort. Medical Mycology. 2013; 51(6): 568-575.
5. Fong S, Daly KR, Tipirneni R, Jarlsberg LG, Djawe K, Koch JV, Swartzman A, Roth B, Walzer PD, Huang L. Antibody responses to Pneumocystis jirovecii in health care workers over time. Emerging Infectious Diseases. 2013; 19(10): 1612-1619.
6. Djawe K, Levin L, Swartzman A, Fong S, Roth B, Subramanian A, Grieco K, Jarlsberg L, Miller RF, Huang L and Walzer PD. Environmental risk factors for Pneumocystis pneumonia hospitalizations in HIV patients. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2013; 56(1): 74-81.