Education and Training
1997 – 2003 Faculty of Medicine, Bachelor of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Post Graduate Education and Training
2005 – 2007 Intern, Department of General Surgery, Osaki Citizen Hospital, Japan
2007 – 2009 Resident, Department of Anesthesiology, Teikyo University Hospital, Japan
2009 – 2009 Clinical Instructor, Department of Anesthesiology, Teikyo University Hospital, Japan
2009 – 2010 Intern, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
2011 – 2012 Clinical Fellow, Division of Solid Organ Transplant Anesthesia, Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami
2012 – 2013 Clinical Fellow, Division of Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology, Mount Sinai Medical Center
2013 – 2016 Resident, Department of Anesthesiology, Indiana University
Peer-reviewed journal articles
- Krebs R, Morita Y (corresponding author). Inhaled Pulmonary Vasodilators and Thoracic Organ Transplantation- Does evidence supports its use and cost benefit? Seminars in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia. 2019. In printing.
- Morita Y (corresponding author), Marzbani K, Kinoshita H, El-Bashir J, Galusca D, Han X, Modak R. Potential for orogastric tube attached transesophageal echocardiography to improve intraoperative image quality. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2018 Oct;32(5):e14-e16
- Morita Y (corresponding author), Lencho T, Gunasekaran S, Modak R. Modified Tricuspid Annular Plane Systolic Excursion Using Transesophageal Echocardiography and Its Utility to Predict Postoperative Course in Heart Transplantation and Left Ventricular Assist Device Implantation. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2017 Nov 21.
- Morita Y (corresponding author), Ayabe K, Nurok M, Young J. Perioperative anesthetic management for renal cell carcinoma with vena caval thrombus extending into the right atrium: case series. J Clin Anesth. 2017 Feb;36:39-46.
- Morita Y, Nomoto K (corresponding author). Contained Rupture of an Aortic Root With Multilobulated Pseudoaneurysm in a Patient With Behçet's Disease. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2016 Dec;30(6):1652-1655.
- Morita Y (corresponding author), Ayabe K, Nomoto K. Made-In-Japan Anesthesiologist Going Through Anesthesia Training in the United States: What adjustments should be made for upcoming renewal in anesthesia board certification in Japan? Masui 2016. Aug;65(7):769-773.
- Morita Y, Nomoto K, Fischer GW (corresponding author). Modified Tricuspid Annular Plane Systolic Excursion Using Transesophageal Echocardiography for Assessment of Right Ventricular Function. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2016 Jan;30(1):122-6.
- Morita Y, Pretto E (corresponding author). Increased Incidence of Transfusion Related Acute Lung Injury During Orthotopic Liver Transplant: A Short Report. Transplantation Proceedings 2014 Dec 46; 10, 3593–97.
- Morita Y, Kohsaka S (corresponding author), Oshima K, Yoshikawa T, Fukuda K. Use of carperitide infusion for acutely decompensated heart failure. Crit Care. 2012 Jan 25;16(1):406
- Mizuno J (corresponding author), Morita Y, Kakinuma A, Sawamura S. General Anesthesia Induction with General Anesthetic Agents and Opioid Analgesics Increases Perfusion Index (PI) and Decreases Pleth Variability Index (PVI): Observational Clinical Study. Sri Lankan Journal of Anaesthesiology 20(1): 7-12 (2012)
- Morita Y, Mizuno J (corresponding author), Yoshimura T, Morita S. Efficacy of amiodarone on refractory ventricular fibrillation resistant to lidocaine and cardioversion during weaning from cardiopulmonary bypass in aortic valve replacement for severe aortic stenosis with left ventricular hypertrophy.J Anesth. 2010 Oct;24(5):761-4.
- Morita Y, Mizuno J (corresponding author), Takada S, Yunokawa S, Morita S. Massive hemorrhage during abdominal total hysterectomy in a patient with placenta percreta. 2009 Aug;58(8):1025-7
- Yoshihisa Morita, Shun Kohsaka. Perioperative Management of Hypertensive Emergency (Article in Japanese) Intensivists. 2014.
- Yoshihisa Morita, Shun Kohsaka. Perioperative Beta-Blocker: Comparison between Japan and U.S. (Article in Japanese) Emergency Medicine and Intensive Care. 2013 vol 25.