Director of Billing & Compliance; Associate Medical Director for UMMC
Director of Research Internships, Department of Radiation Oncology; Medical Student Elective Course Director, Department of Radiation Oncology
22 S. Greene St., Baltimore, Maryland-21201
Education and Training
- 1997 - 2003: M.B.B.S, Dr D Y Patil Medical College, University of Mumbai, India Date of Degree: 12/2003
- 2004 - 2007: M.D., Tata Memorial Hospital, University of Mumbai, India Date of Degree: 02/2008
MD Dissertation: Low dose Total Body Irradiation in cases of Low Grade Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma: Response evaluation & Immunological-Radiobiological assessment of mechanism.
Advisor: Dr. Mary Ann Muckaden
Post Graduate Education and Training
- 2002 - 2003: Internship: Dr D Y Patil Medical College, University of Mumbai, India
- 2004 - 2007: Residency: Radiation Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, University of Mumbai, India
- 2006 - 2007: Professional Diploma in Clinical Research: Catalyst Clinical Services Pvt. Ltd., India (Correspondence Course)
- 2007 - 2008: Senior Residency (Fellow): Radiation Oncology Tata Memorial Hospital, India
- 2009 - 2009: Global Academic Research Associate (Post-doctoral fellow): University of Texas MD. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA,Supervisor: Dr. S. Krishnan
- 2009 - 2010: Clinical Fellow: Radiation Oncology (Head and Neck Cancer)Radiation Medicine Program, Princess Margaret Hospital, University of Toronto, Canada, Program Director: Dr. Charles Catton
- 2010 - 2014: Residency: Radiation Oncology University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, Program Director: Dr. Kristin A Bradley
- 2003 M.B.B.S, University of Mumbai, India
- 2008 M.D. (Radiotherapy), University of Mumbai, India
- 2015 American Board of Radiology- Radiation Oncology
Dr. Mohindra's prior training experience includes two radiation oncology residencies (Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai and University of Wisconsin, Madison), Head-Neck cancer clinical fellowship (Princess Margaret Hospital, University of Toronto) and a post-doctoral Global Academic Research Associate at the U. T. MD Anderson Cancer Center; Houston. He has received several academic excellence, research and travel awards during his residency including the 2014 Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) Roentgen Resident/Fellow Award for outstanding radiologic research and the 2014 American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) Resident Digital Poster Discussion Award in the Biology category. He also served as the Chief resident, Radiation Oncology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, for the year 2013-14.
Dr. Mohindra joined the Department of Radiation Oncology at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore in July 2014 as an Assistant Professor in a clinician-scientist role. His primary area of clinical and research interest is in thoracic/lung, gynecological and hemato-lymphoid malignancies. Dr. Mohinda played a key role in the initiation of the department's MRI-guided brachytheapy program for women with cervical cancer. He has helped establish UMMC as a referral center for complex high dose rate (HDR) tandem-ring brachytherapy and interstitial brachytherapy for gynecological cancers. Dr. Mohindra is amongst the select providers in the entire Maryland-DC region who has the expertise in performing these brachytherapy procedures. He is also credited with Maryland State's first Cardiac Radioablation case in collaboration with UMMC EP team. He is currently working on expanding the use of modern technologies like proton beam therapy for the management of thoracic/lung, gynecological and hemato-lymphoid malignancies.
While continuing to build novel clinical programs and providing expert radiation oncology service, one of his key goals is to represent UMSOM nationally through cutting-edge research. His research efforts include evaluating treatment outcomes through institutional and population-based databases, development of early phase clinical trials evaluating both radiation sensitizers and radiation toxicity mitigators or evaluation of modern radiation techniques including proton beam therapy. He has active involvement in multi-disciplinary collaborative research endeavors including prospective clinical protocols with special emphasis on early phase clinical trials evaluating both radiation sensitizers and radiation toxicity mitigators or evaluation of modern radiation techniques. He is the national PI of two NCI-sponsored phase-I clinical trials; one evaluating VX-970, a novel DNA repair pathway inhibitor with whole brain radiotherapy (WBRT) in patients with brain metastases from NSCLC (CIRB and CTEP approved, NCT02589522, career development project team award) and another evaluating the combination of oral 5-iodo-2-pyrimidinone-2-deoxyribose (IPdR) with WBRT in brain metastases (CIRB and CTEP approved, NCT02993146). He is the Radiation Oncology Co-chair for the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology A041501A study: Phase III Trial to Evaluate the Efficacy of the Addition of Inotuzumab Ozogamicin (A Conjugated Anti-Cd22 Monoclonal Antibody) to Frontline Therapy in Young Adults (Ages 18-39 Years) with Newly Diagnosed Precursor B-Cell ALL and Alliance Champion for the NRG-sponsored national study: LU002 Maintenance Systemic Therapy Versus Consolidative Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) Plus Maintenance Systemic Therapy for Limited Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC): A Randomized Phase II/III Trial.
Dr. Mohindra represents UMGCCC as the nominated member to the Board of Directors for the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology which comprises nearly 10,000 cancer specialists at hospitals, medical centers, and community clinics across the United States and Canada. He holds committee appointments within Alliance (Radiation Oncology, Respiratory, Symptom Intervention and Cancer in the Older Adults) and American Society for Radiation Oncology (Workforce and Research Grants Evaluation Subcommittee). He has served as member of the Advanced Radiation Technology Committee, International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) and is a current member of the Education Committee of IASLC. He is an appointed member of the ACR Radiation Oncology In-Training (TXITTM) Exam committee (Thoracic: 2015-2016 and Gynecology, Lymphoma: 2016) developing examination questions for residents in radiation oncology. Since 2017, he took over as the section chair for Thoracic section of the examination.
Within the Department of Radiation Oncology, UMB, Dr. Mohindra is appointed as Director of Research Internships and oversee the activities of all research-related internships that span more than 30 days. Through 2017 and 2018, this program has awarded $20,000 in awards to five UMSOM medical students for summer fellowships, two medical student research scholarship award and one medical student graduation research award. He has personally mentored medical students and residents on research projects that have led to national awards: Applied Radiation Oncology Clinical Case Contest Winner (Stephanie Rice, MS-4, Univ. Wisconsin, 2014), Medical Student Award for 2017 Alpha Omega Alpha Carolyn Kuckein Fellowship Competition (Jiun Yiing Hu, MS-1, UMSOM, 2017) and Radiation Oncology Institute Excellence Award for a research manuscript (Melissa Vyfhuis, Chief Resident Radiation Oncology, UMSOM, 2017). He is also the Lead, Scope of Practice, Policy and Procedure Management Workgroup of Quality and Safety Review Council. In this role, he will oversee development of SOPs for various departmental clinical activities and establish uniform procedures system-wise.
thoracic/lung cancers, gynecological malignancies, hemato-lymphoid malignancies, intensity modulated proton therapy (IMPT)/pencil beam scanning (PBS) proton therapy, intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT), stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS), stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT), Image-guided Brachytherapy.
CONTRIBUTIONS TO SCIENCE
Contributions in Thoracic-Oncology:
- Cannon DM, Mehta MP, Adkison JB, Khuntia D, Traynor AM, Tomé WA, Chappell RJ, Tolakanahalli R, Mohindra P, Bentzen SM, Cannon GM. Dose Limiting Toxicity Following Hypofractionated Dose-Escalated Radiotherapy in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. JCO 2013 Oct. 21. PMID: 24145340
- Murigi FN, Mohindra P, Hung C, Salimi S, Goetz W, Pavlovic R, Jackson IL, Vujaskovic Z. Dose Optimization Study of AEOL 10150 as a Mitigator of Radiation-Induced Lung Injury in CBA/J Mice. Radiat Res. 2015 Oct;184(4):422-32. Epub 2015 Sep 28. PMID: 26414508
- Mohindra P, Barrow K, Kieta KM, Parker J, De Faria E, Taylor-Howell C, Dobbin T, Gibbs A, Farese AM, MacVittie TJ. Use of Computed Tomography (CT) scan to Assess Efficacy of Mitigators of Radiation-induced Lung Injury (RILI): A Rhesus Macaque Whole Thoracic Lung Irradiation (WTLI) Model. IJROBP, 2015:93(3), Supplement, Page E512. Abstract only.
- de Faria EB, Barrow KR, Ruehle BT, Parker JT, Swartz E, Taylor-Howell C, Kieta KM, Lees CJ, Sleeper MM, Dobbin T, Baron AD, Mohindra P, MacVittie TJ. The Evolving Mcart Multimodal Imaging Core: Establishing a Protocol for Computed Tomography and Echocardiography in the Rhesus Macaque to Perform Longitudinal Analysis of Radiation-Induced Organ Injury. Health Phys. 2015 Nov;109(5):479-92. PMID: 26425907
- Lam VK, Bentzen SM, Mohindra P, Nichols EM, Bhooshan N, Vyfhuis M, Scilla KA, Feigenberg SJ, Edelman MJ, Feliciano JL. Obesity is associated with long-term improved survival in definitively treated locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Lung Cancer. 2017 Feb;104:52-57. PMID: 28213000.
- Scilla KA, Bentzen SM, Lam VK, Mohindra P, Nichols EM, Vyfhuis MA, Bhooshan N, Feigenberg SJ, Edelman MJ, Feliciano JL. Neutrophil-Lymphocyte Ratio Is a Prognostic Marker in Patients with Locally Advanced (Stage IIIA and IIIB) Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Treated with Combined Modality Therapy. Oncologist. 2017 Jun;22(6):737-742. PMID: 28533476.
- Vyfhuis MA, Bhooshan N, Burrows WM, Turner M, Suntharalingam M, Donahue J, Nichols EM, Feliciano J, Bentzen S, Badiyan S, Carr, SR, Friedberg J, Simone CB, Edelman MJ, Feigenberg S, Mohindra P. Oncological outcomes from trimodality therapy receiving definitive doses of neoadjuvant chemoradiation (≥60 Gy) and factors influencing consideration for surgery in stage III non-small cell lung cancer. Adv Radiat Oncol (2017). 2017 Sept;2(3):259-269.
- Vyfhuis M AL, Burrows WM, Bhooshan N, Suntharalingam M, Donahue J, Feliciano JF, Badiyan S, Nichols EM, Edelman MJ, Carr SR, Friedberg J, Henry G, Stewart S, Sachdeva A, Pickering EM, Simone CB, Feigenberg SJ, Mohindra P. Implications of Pathological Complete Response (pCR) Beyond Mediastinal Nodal Clearance with High-dose Neoadjuvant Chemoradiotherapy (CRT) in Locally Advanced, Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (LA-NSCLC). Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2018 Jun 1;101(2):445-452. doi: 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2018.02.003. Epub 2018 Feb 13. PMID: 29559292
- Vyfhuis MAL, Rice S, Remick J, Mossahebi S, Badiyan S, Mohindra P, Simone CB. Reirradiation for locoregionally recurrent non-small cell lung cancer. Journal of Thoracic Disease 2018 Aug; 10(Supp21): S2522-S2536.
- Badiyan SN, Roach MC, Chuong MD, Rice SR, Onyeuku NE, Remick J, Chilukuri S, Glass E, Mohindra P, Simone CB. Combining immunotherapy with radiation therapy in thoracic oncology. Journal of Thoracic Disease 2018 Aug;10(Suppl 21):S2492-S2507.
- Simone CB, Badiyan SN, Mohindra P. Advances in radiation therapy for thoracic malignancies. Journal of Thoracic Disease 2018;10(Suppl 21):S2431-S2436.
- Rice SR, Molitoris JK, Vyfhuis MAL, Edelman MJ, Burrows WM, Feliciano J, Nichols EM, Suntharalingam M, Donahue J, Carr S, Friedberg J, Badiyan S, Simone 2nd CB, Feigenberg SJ, Mohindra P. Lymph Node Size Predicts for Asymptomatic Brain Metastases in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Patients at Diagnosis. Clinical Lung Cancer. 2018, Sep 24. pii: S1525-7304(18)30259-6.
- Vyfhuis MAL, Mohindra P, Simone CB 2nd. Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy versus Thermal Ablation for Early Stage Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Radiology. 2019 Jan 1:182310.
- Amin NP, Mohindra P, Jabbour SK. Serum microRNA guiding personalized radiation therapy in non-small cell lung cancer. Journal of Thoracic Diseases. 2018 Nov;10(Suppl 33):S4108-S4112.
- Berman AT, Jabbour SK, Vachani A, Robinson C, Choi JI, Mohindra P, Rengan R, Bradley J, Simone CB 2nd.Empiric Radiotherapy for Lung Cancer Collaborative Group multi-institutional evidence-based guidelines for the use of empiric stereotactic body radiation therapy for non-small cell lung cancer without pathologic confirmation. Translational Lung Cancer Research. 2019 Feb;8(1):5-14.
- Mohindra P, Sawant A, Griffin RJ, Lamichhane N, Vlashi E, Xu-Welliver M, Dominello M, Joiner MC, Burmeister J. Three discipline collaborative radiation therapy (3DCRT) special debate: I would treat all early-stage NSCLC patients with SBRT. Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics. 2019 Mar;20(3):7-13. PMID: 30793828.
- Verma V, Wegner RE, Brooks ED, Miccio JA, Kann BH, Finley GG, Raj MS, Grover S, Mohindra P, Simone CB 2nd. Chemotherapy Versus Supportive Care for Unresected Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma. Clinical Lung Cancer. 2019 Jul;20(4):263-269. PMID: 30992187.
- Vyfhuis MAL, Mohindra P, Simone CB II. Surgery for early-stage small cell lung cancer: is it worth it? Mediastinum 2019 June;3:25.
- Sio TT, Mohindra P, Yu NY, Ashman JB, Daniels TB, Merrell KW, Schild SE. The Search for Optimal Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy Dose in Inoperable, Centrally Located Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer Continues. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2019 Oct:JCO1901330. PMID: 31465261.
Contributions in Technological Advancements (Including Proton therapy):
- Gupta T, Phurailatpam R, Mishra A, Pai R, Mohindra P, Chopra S. Quality Assurance and Commissioning of an Infrared Marker-Based Patient Positioning System for Frameless Extracranial Stereotactic Radiotherapy. International Journal of Biomedical Science. 2007 Dec; 3(4):298-301.
- Diwanji TP, Mohindra P, Vyfhuis M, Snider JW, Kalavagunta C, Mossahebi S, Yu J, Feigenberg S, Badiyan S. Advances in Radiotherapy Techniques and Delivery for NSCLC: Benefits of IMRT, Proton Therapy, and SBRT. Transl Lung Cancer Res. 2017 Apr;6(2):131-147. PMID: 28529896.
- Vyfhuis MAL, Onyeuku N, Diwanji T, Mossahebi S, Amin NP, Badiyan SN, Mohindra P, Simone CB 2nd. Advances in proton therapy in lung cancer. Therapeutic Advances in Respiratory Disease 2018 Jan-Dec;12: 1753466618783878. PMID: 30014783.
- Molitoris JK, Diwanji T, Snider JW, Mossahebi S, Samanta S, Badiyan SN, Simone CB, Mohindra P. Advances in the Use of Motion Management and Image Guidance in Radiation Therapy Treatment for Lung Cancer. Journal of Thoracic Disease 2018 Aug; 10(Supp21): S2437-S2450.
- Molitoris JK, Diwanji T, Snider JW 3rd, Mossahebi S, Samanta S, Onyeuku N, Mohindra P, Choi JI, Simone CB 2nd. Optimizing immobilization, margins, and imaging for lung stereotactic body radiation therapy. Translational Lung Cancer Research. 2019 Feb;8(1):24-31.
- Guerrero M, Fellows Z, Mohindra P, Badiyan S, Lamichhane N, Snider JW, Chen S. Multicriteria optimization: Site-specific class solutions for VMAT plans. Medical Dosimetry. 2019 May 15. pii: S0958-3947(19)30052-4. doi: 10.1016/j.meddos.2019.04.003. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 31101570.
- Badiyan SN, Rutenberg MS, Hoppe BS, Mohindra P, Larson G, Hartsell WF, Tsai H, Zeng J, Rengan R, Glass E, Katz S, Vargas C, Feigenberg SJ, Simone CB 2nd. Clinical Outcomes of Patients with Recurrent Lung Cancer Reirradiated with Proton Therapy on the Proton Collaborative Group and University of Florida Proton Therapy Institute Prospective Registry Studies. Practical Radiation Oncology. 2019 Jul - Aug;9(4):280-288. PMID: 30802618
- Vyfhuis MAL, Fellows Z, McGovern N, Zhu M, Mohindra P, Wong J, Nichols EM. Preserving Endocrine Function in Premenopausal Women Undergoing Whole Pelvis Radiation for Cervical Cancer. International Journal of Particle Therapy. 2019. 6(1): 10-17.
- Mohindra P, Mossahebi S, Moreau JM, Buttion M, Molitors JK, Eblan MJ Jr, Kaiser A, Langen KM, Simone CB II. First Clinical Experience of Gated Voluntary Breath-Hold Intensity Modulated Proton Therapy for Thoracic Malignancies. International Journal of Radiation Oncology * Biology * Physics. 2019;105(1):s252. Oral presentation- ASTRO 61st Annual Meeting 2019; Chicago
Contributions in Health Disparities and Logistics Research in Oncology:
- Vyfhuis M AL, Bhooshan N, Molitoris J, Bentzen SM, Feliciano JF, Edelman M, Burrows WM, Nichols EM, Suntharalingam M, Donahue J, Nagib M, Carr SR, Friedberg J, Badiyan S, Simone CB, Feigenberg SJ, Mohindra P. Clinical outcomes of black vs. non-black patients with locally advanced non–small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2017 Dec; 114:44-49. PMID: 29173764
- Rice SR, Vyfhuis MAL, Scilla KA, Burrows WM, Bhooshan N, Suntharalingam M, Edelman MJ, Feliciano J, Badiyan SN, Simone CB 2nd, Bentzen SM, Feigenberg SJ, Mohindra P. Insurance Status is an Independent Predictor of Overall Survival in Patients With Stage III Non-small-cell Lung Cancer Treated With Curative Intent. Clinical Lung Cancer. 2019 Sep 18. [Epub ahead of print]
- Fung CY, Chen E, Vapiwala N, Pohar S, Trifiletti D, Tryong MT, Uschold G, Schuster J, Patel A, Jani A, Mohindra P, Sanders T, Gardner L, Arnone A, Royce T. The American Society for Radiation Oncology 2017 Radiation Oncologist Workforce Study. International Journal of Radiation Oncology * Biology * Physics. 2018 Oct 24. pii: S0360-3016(18)33907-5
- Yu NY, Sio T, Mohindra P, Regine WF, Miller RC, Mahajan A, Keole SR. The Insurance Approval Process for Proton Beam Therapy Must Change: Prior Authorization Is Crippling Access to Appropriate Health Care. International Journal of Radiation Oncology • Biology • Physics. 2019 July;104(4):737-739. PMID: 31204659.
- Sharma AM, Khairnar R, Kowalski ES, Remic J, Nichols EM, Mohindra P, Yock TI, Regine WF, Mishra MV. Patient Prioritization for Proton Beam Therapy in a Cost-Neutral Payer Environment: Use of a Clinical Benefit Score for Resource Allocation. 2019 Sep;11(9):e5703. PMID: 31720171.
- Cohen J, Harper A, Nichols E M, Rao GG, Mohindra P, Roque DM. Barriers to Timely Completion of Radiation Therapy in Patients with Cervical Cancer in an Urban Tertiary Care Center. Cureus 2017 Sep; 9(9): e1681. doi:10.7759/cureus.1681
- Vyfhuis MAL, Feliciano JL, Bentzen SM, Edelman MJ, Scilla KA, Booshan N, Burrows WM, Nichols EM, Suntharalingam M, Feigenberg SJ, Mohindra P. Marriage predicts for survival in patients with stage III non–small-cell lung cancer. The Journal of Community and Supportive Oncology. 2018;16(5).
- Vyfhuis MAL, Bentzen SM, Molitoris JK, Diwanji T, Badiyan S, Grover S, Adebamowo CA, Simone CB 2nd, Mohindra P. Patterns of Care and Survival in Stage III NSCLC Among Black and Latino Patients Compared With White Patients. Clinical Lung Cancer. 2019 Jul;20(4):248-257.e4. PMID: 30910573.
Contributions in Gynecology-Oncology:
- Mishra S, Laskar S, Muckaden MA, Mohindra P, Shrivastava SK, Dinshaw KA. Monthly palliative pelvic radiotherapy in advanced carcinoma of uterine cervix. Journal of Cancer Research & Therapeutics. 2005 Oct; 1(4): 208-212. PMID: 17998655.
- Mohindra P, Kruser TJ, Gondi V, Thomas SR, McHaffie DR, Bradley KA. Papillary serous and clear cell adenocarcinoma of the uterus: A 10-year single-institution experience. IJROBP, 2011;81(2):Supplement, Pages S471-S472. Poster Presentation- ASTRO 53rd Annual Meeting 2011; Miami.
- Mohindra P, Bentzen SM, Scartoni D, Giacomelli I, Rao G, Roque DM, Hanna N, Nichols EM. Adjuvant Therapy for Locoregionally Advanced Endometrioid Adenocarcinoma (EA): Upfront Chemotherapy (UC) or Upfront Radiotherapy (UR)? IJROBP, 2016:96(2), Supplement, Page E289-290.Abstract only.
- Mohindra P, Bentzen SM, Giacomelli I, Scartoni D, Roque DM, Rao G, Hanna N, Nichols EM. Adjuvant Whole Pelvic Radiation Therapy (WPRT) for Endometrioid Adenocarcinoma (EA): 45 Gy or 50/50.4 Gy? IJROBP, 2016:96(2), Supplement, Page E300. Abstract only.
- Nichols EM, Bentzen SM, Scartoni D, Giacomelli I, Rao G, Roque DM, Hanna N, Mohindra P. Positive impact of radiation therapy in the management of uterine carcinosarcoma. IJROBP, 2016:96(2), Supplement, Page S49. Abstract only.
- Molitoris JK, Diwanji T, Samanta S, Lamichhane N, Chhabra A, Roque D, Rao G, Amin P, Nichols E, Mohindra P. Improving Outcomes through Immune System Modulation in the Treatment of Gynecological Malignancies. Reproductive Immunol Open Acc, 2017;2:34.
- Fowler KG, Mohindra P, Kim A, Gomez-Lobo V Foley Catheter As Vaginal Stent In A Toddler With Vaginal Rhabdomyosarcoma. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2017 Dec 9. doi: 10.1016/j.jpag.2017.12.003. [Epub ahead of print]
Contributions towards education in radiation oncology:
- Brower J, Mohindra P, Golden D, Bradley K. Radiation oncology residency selection: A targeted assessment of factor importance among fourth year medical students. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys., 2014;88:967-968.
- Mattes M, Golden D, Mohindra P, Kharofa J. Results of the 2013 Association of Residents in Radiation Oncology (ARRO) Career Planning Survey of Practicing Physicians in the United States. Journal of American College of Radiology. 2014 Aug;11(8):817-23.
- Ye JC, Mohindra P, Spektor A, Krishnan MS, Chmura SJ, Howard AR, Viswanathan AN, MacDonald SM, Thaker NG, Das P, Mancini BR, Higgins SA, Braunstein S, Haas-Kogan D, Bradley KA, Hung AY, Thomas CR Jr, Kharofa J, Wheatley M, Currey A, Parashar B, Du K, Jimenez RB, Golden DW. Medical Student Perspectives on a Multi-institutional Clerkship Curriculum: A Report From the Radiation Oncology Education Collaborative Study Group. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2015 Jun 1;92(2):217-9, PMID: 25968822
- Nabavizadeh N, Burt LM, Mancini BR, Morris ZS, Walker AJ, Miller SM, Bhavsar S, Mohindra P, Kim MB, Kharofa J; ARRO Executive Committee. Results of the 2013-2015 Association of Residents in Radiation Oncology Survey of Chief Residents in the United States. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016 Feb 1;94(2):228-34. Epub 2015 Oct 22.PMID: 26853332
- Golden DW, Braunstein S, Jimenez RB, Mohindra P, Spektor A, Ye JC; Radiation Oncology Education Collaborative Study Group Members:, Bradley KA, Chmura SJ, Currey A, Das P, Du K, Haas-Kogan D, Howard AR, Higgins SA, Hung AY, Kharofa J, Krishnan MS, MacDonald SM, Mancini BR, Parashar B, Thaker NG, Thomas CR Jr, Viswanathan AN, Wheatley M. Radiation Oncology Education Collaborative Study Group; Radiation Oncology Education Collaborative Study Group Writing Committee:, Multi-Institutional Implementation and Evaluation of a Curriculum for the Medical Student Clerkship in Radiation Oncology. Journal of American College of Radiology. 2016 Feb;13(2):203-9.
- Oskvarek JJ, Brower JV, Mohindra P, Raleigh DR, Chmura SJ, Golden DW. Educational Impact of a Structured Radiation Oncology Clerkship Curriculum: An Interinstitutional Comparison. J Am Coll Radiol. 2017 Jan;14(1):96-102, PMID: 27652570
- Pranshu Mohindra, Steven P. Howard. ARROContour- Glioblastoma multiforme. Assoiation of Residents in Radiation Oncology (ARRO) Educational Resource. https://www.astro.org/ARRO/Resident-Resources/Educational-Resources/ARROCase/index.aspx
Contributions in Head-Neck Oncology:
- Mohindra P, Zade B, Basu A, Patil N, Seethalakshmi V, Bakshi A, Muckaden MA, Laskar S. Primary PNET of Maxilla: An Unusual Presentation. Journal of Pediatric Hematology/ Oncology. 2008 Jun;30(6):474-477.
- Laskar SG, Agarwal JP, Mohindra P, Sengar M, Vyas S, Pai VR, Budrukkar A, Pai P, D'Cruz AK, Dinshaw KA. Ifosfamide based Chemotherapy in Loco-Regionally Advanced Nasopharyngeal Cancer: Evaluation of its Role as Neo-Adjuvant Chemotherapy. Medical Oncology. 2009 Dec;26(4):393-401.
- Hong JC, Kruser TJ, Gondi V, Mohindra P, et al. Risk of cerebrovascular events in elderly patients following radiotherapy versus surgery for early-stage glottic cancer. Status: International Journal of Radiation Oncology * Biology * Physics. 2013 Oct 1;87(2):290-6.
- Mohindra P, Urban E, Pagan JD, Geye HM, Patel VB, Bayliss RA, Bender ET, Harari PM. Selective omission of level V nodal coverage for patients with oropharynx cancer: Clinical validation of intensity modulated radiotherapy experience and dosimetric significance. Head Neck. 2014 Dec 1. [Epub ahead of print].
- Morris ZS, Mohindra P, Kruser TJ. Combined chemo-radiation therapy in the treatment of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck; an evolving paradigm. Oncol Hematol Rev(US)., 2014;9:109-114.
- Hoffman MR, McCulloch TM, Mohindra P, Das R, Geurts M, Harari PM. Simulation study of high-dose-rate brachytherapy for early glottic cancer. Brachytherapy. 2016 Jan-Feb;15(1):94-101.
- Barasch S, Mohindra P, Hennrick K, Hartig GK, Harari PM, Yang DT. Assessing p16 Status of Oropharyngeal Squamous Cell Carcinoma by Combined Assessment of the Number of Cells Stained and the Confluence of p16 Staining: A Validation by Clinical Outcomes. Am J Surg Pathol. 2016 Sep;40(9):1261-9.
- Rice S., Kozak KR, Mohindra P. Scalp angiosarcoma: Discussion of a management plan. Applied Radiation Oncology, 2014 Sept, 20-24. Clinical Case Contest Winner.
Contributions in Neuro-Oncology:
- Mohindra P, Sinha RN, Andrews RJ, Khuntia D. Non-cytotoxic radiosensitizers in brain radiotherapy: Journey till the first decade of this millennium. Curr Cancer Drug Targets., 2012;12:260-278.
- Mohindra P, Robins HI, Tomé WA, Hayes L, Howard S. Wide-field pulsed-reduced-dose-rate radiotherapy (PRDR) for recurrent ependymoma in pediatric and young adult patients. Anticancer Res., 2013;33:2611-2618.
- Magnuson W, Robins HI, Mohindra P, Howard S. Large volume reirradiation as salvage therapy for glioblastoma after progression on bevacizumab. J Neurooncol., 2014;117:133-139.
- Cannon DM, Mohindra P, Gondi V, Kruser TJ, Kozak KR. Choroid plexus tumor epidemiology and outcomes: implications for surgical and radiotherapeutic management. Journal of Neuro-oncology. 2015 Jan;121(1):151-7.
- Diwanji T, Snider JW, Lin JY, Engelman A, Mohindra P, Kwok Y., Mehta MP. Volumetric Analysis of the Hippocampus in Long Term (∼1 year) Survivors of Whole Brain-Radiation Therapy for Brain Metastasis. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2015;93(3):Supp 1, E69. Abstract only.
- Koroulakis A, Diwanji T, Lin J, Mohindra P, Mehta M. Subcortical Volumetric Changes in Patients Receiving Whole-Brain Radiation Therapy for Brain Metastases. American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO) Annual Meeting, In: Orlando, FL; 2016. Abstract only.
- Diwanji T, Snider JW, Koroulakis A, Feigenberg SJ, Mohindra P, Kwok Y., Mehta MP. Interobserver Variability in Atlas-Based, Manual Segmentation of the Hippocampus in Patients With Brain Metastases. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016;96(2):Supp 1, E130. Abstract only.
- Diwanji TP, Engelman A, Snider JW, Mohindra P. Epidemiology, diagnosis, and optimal management of glioma in adolescents and young adults. Adolesc Health Med Ther 2017 Sep,8:99-113
Contributions in Hemato-Lymphoid Malignancies:
- Basu A, Patil N, Mohindra P, Zade B, Muckaden MA, Laskar S. Isolated Pancreatic Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma; a rare presentation. Journal of Cancer Research & Therapeutics. 2007 Oct; 3(4):236-239.
- Laskar S, Mohindra P, Gupta S, Shet T, Muckaden M. A. Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma of the Waldeyer's ring: Clinicopathologic and Therapeutic issues. Leukemia and Lymphoma. 2008 Dec, 49(12):2263-71.
- El Chaer F, Singh ZN, Zou Y, Mohindra P, Baer MR, Law JY. Acute Onset Unilateral Proptosis. American Journal of Medicine. 2018 Aug;131(8):e337-e338.
- Mohindra P, Neuman HB, Kozak K. Role of radiation therapy in retroperitoneal sarcoma. Present Treatment Options in Oncology. 2013 Sep;14(3): 425-441.
- Deorukhkar A, Ahuja N, Mercado AL, Diagaradjane P, Raju U, Patel N, Mohindra P, Diep N, Guha S, Krishnan S. Zerumbone increases oxidative stress in a thiol-dependent ROS-independent manner to increase DNA damage and sensitize colorectal cancer cells to radiation. Cancer Medicine. 2015 Feb;4(2):278-92.
- Chhabra A, Schneider C, Chowdhary M, Diwanji TP, Mohindra P, Mishra MV. How Histopathologic Tumor Extent and Patterns of Recurrence Data Inform the Development of Radiation Therapy Treatment Volumes in Solid Malignancies. Seminars in Radiation Oncology 2018 Jun;28(3):218-237.
- Narang M, Mohindra P, Mishra M, Regine W, Kwok Y. Radiation Oncology Emergencies. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2020 Feb;34(1):279-292. doi: 10.1016/j.hoc.2019.09.004. Epub 2019 Oct 31. PMID: 31739948.
Other peer-reviewed publications (total 64 peer-reviewed publications, 4 peer-reviewed online educational presentations, multiple oral and poster conference presentations, published abstracts, 2 book chapters):
Google Scholar: 635 citations, h-index 16, i10-index 21
Research Gate: RG score 39.09
Dr. Mohindra provides patient care service for patients with thoracic/lung, gynecological and hemato-lymphoid malignancies. Dr. Mohindra is experienced in the latest radiation modalities including intensity modulated proton therapy (IMPT)/pencil beam scanning (PBS) proton therapy, intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT), stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS), stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) and Image-guided Brachytherapy.
Professional Society Membership
- 2005-present: Life Member, Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI), ID: LM 883
- 2006-2014: Member-in-training, American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
- 2010-2014: Member-in-training, Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
- 2010-2014: Member-in-training, American College of Radiology (ACR)
- 2010-2014: Member-in-training, American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO)
- 2011-2014: Member-in-training, American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- 2012-2014: Associate Member, American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
- 2014-2015: Full Member, Radiation Research Society (RRS)
- 2014-present: Full Member, ASTRO
- 2015-present: Full Member, International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC)
- 2015-2018: Full Member, ACRO
- 2016-present: Full Member, American Brachytherapy Society (ABS
- 2019-present: Active Member, American Radium Society
Honors And Awards
- 1995: National top 0.1% merit list in ‘Science’ subject at All India Secondary School Examination
- 1995: National Talent Search Examination Scholarship, India
- 2000: Distinction [score more than 75%] in ‘Human Pathology’ in Board examinations of Medical school, University of Mumbai.
- 2005: Best Poster, ESTRO International Symposium: ESTRO / TMH Evidence Based Medicine, Mumbai
- 2006: All-India First Rank, Professional Diploma in Clinical Research, Class of October- 2006
- 2007: Winner, Quiz; National Conference of Indian Cooperative Oncology Network (ICON), India
- 2007: Invited Symposium Speaker at International Congress of Radiation Research [ICRR], San Francisco
- 2007: Best thesis award, Indian Cooperative Oncology Network (ICON), India
- 2008: UICC World Cancer Congress Travel Grant, Geneva, Switzerland
- 2012: Fellowship Grant: AACR/ASCO Workshop on Methods in Clinical Cancer Research
- 2014: ASTRO Spring Refresher Course Travel Grant, New Orleans, USA
- 2013-14: Chief Resident, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, Radiation Oncology, Wisconsin, USA
- 2014: RSNA Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research Award, USA
- 2014: ASTRO Resident Digital Poster Discussion Award (Biology Category), San Francisco, USA
- 2014: Clinical Case Contest Winner (Senior Author). Applied Radiation Oncology, September 2014
- 2014: Selection for the NCI’s Experimental Therapeutics Clinical Trials Network Career Development Project Team Member (VX-970 Brain Metastases). Principal Investigator on a NCI-sponsored multi-institutional study (Protocol # 9952) titled: “Phase 1 Trial to Determine the Recommended Phase 2 Dose (RP2D) of VX-970 When Combined with Whole Brain Radiotherapy (WBRT) in Patients with Brain Metastases from Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)”. CTEP “Approval on Hold” status, CIRB: Approval Pending Modification of Initial Review.
- 2016: Research Abstract as Senior Author selected for 2016 Best of Astro
- 2017: Mentor for Medical Student Awardee for 2017 Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA), Carolyn Kuckein Fellowship Competition
- 2017: Moderator, News Briefing: Treatment Considerations for Focused Populations, 2017 Multidisciplinary Thoracic Cancers Symposium, San Francisco, 2017 Mar.
- 2017: Moderator, Miscellaneous Proferred Papers, 2017 Annual Conference American Brachytherapy Society, Boston, 2017 Apr.
- 2017: Senior Author on resident research manuscript selected for Radiation Oncology Institute (ROI) Excellence Award
- 2017: Mentor Recognition Award- Transformational Impact: Medical Student Research Day, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- 2017: Guest editor for a focused issue on "Advances in Radiation Oncology for Thoracic Malignancies” in The Journal of Thoracic Disease, a quarterly published journal indexed in pubmed and distributed worldwide.
- 2018 : Selection for Dean’s Pilot Scientific Leadership Program, UMSOM
R01CA169102 Sawant (PI) 0.4 CME 8/19/2016-7/31/21
Investigating Radiation-Induced Injury to Airways and Pulmonary Vasculature in Lung SABR
The major goals are to investigate toxicity to airways and pulmonary vessels during lung SBRT and develop treatment-planning strategies that avoid excessive dose to these structures in order to preserve post-SABR lung function.
Phase I/Phase II Clinical Study 0.12 CME 2/20/2018-2/19/2020
Humanetics Inc $ 122,750
BIO 300 Oral Suspension in Patients Receiving Chemoradiation Therapy for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
The major goals are to investigate safety and efficacy of Bio300 in combination with standard chemoradiation
for non-small cell lung cancer.
Multi PI: Carrier/ Mohindra 0.24 CME 7/1/2020-6/30/2023
Leukemia Lymphoma Society
Inducing Synthetic Lethality in Mantle Cells Lymphoma
The major goals are to investigate impact of low-dose radiation in Mantle Cell Lymphoma.
RO1 Multi PI: Sawant/ Gullapalli 1.2 CME 07/01/2020 – 06/30/2025
Personalized Motion Management for truly 4D Lung Radiotherapy
The major goals are to investigate novel motion management strategies for thoracic radiotherapy.
R&D Seed grant, Harari (PI) 0.0 CME 2013-2014
University of Wisconsin Department of Radiation Oncology $8,725
Assessment of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Status in Archived Tissue from Oropharyngeal Cancer Biopsies
Role: Co-I/ Study Chair
R&D Seed grant, Bentzen (PI) 0.0 CME 2015-2016
University of Wisconsin Department of Radiation Oncology $15,885
SEER-Medicare database analysis
Department of Radiation Oncology Seed grant Mohindra (PI) 0.0 CME 2015-2016
University of Maryland, Baltimore $10,764
Pediococcus–based Probiotics: A Murine Model to Assess Prevention and Mitigation of Radiation Induced Intestinal Toxicity (RiIT)
Role: Mentor for Radiation Oncology Resident (Lin), supervised project.
IRB approved prospective clinical protocols
ACTIVE ROLE- INSTITUTIONAL, UMSOM:
2017-present (Institutional PI) Title: NRG LU001 Randomized Phase II Trial of Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy +/- Metformin HCL in Locally Advanced NSCLC
2017-present (Institutional PI) Title: NRG CC001 A Randomized Phase III Trial of Memantine and Whole-Brain Radiotherapy With or Without Hippocampal Avoidance in Patients With Brain Metastases
2017-present (Institutional PI) Title: NRG CC003 Randomized Phase II/III Trial of Prophylactic Cranial Irradiation With or Without Hippocampal Avoidance for Small Cell Lung Cancer
2018-present (Institutional PI and Study Champion-Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology) Title: NRG LU002 Maintenance Systemic Therapy Versus Consolidative Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) Plus Maintenance Systemic Therapy for Limited Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC): A Randomized Phase II/III Trial
ACTIVE ROLE- NATIONAL:
2016-present (National PI) Experimental Therapeutics Clinical Trials Network (ETCTN) study- Title: # 9952 Phase 1 Trial to Determine the Recommended Phase 2 Dose (RP2D) of VX-970 When Combined with Whole Brain Radiotherapy (WBRT) in Patients with Brain Metastases from Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)
Project Team Member- Career Development Award
2016-present (National PI) ETCTN study- Title: # 9979 Phase 1 and Pharmacology Study of Oral 5-iodo-2-pyrimidinone-2-deoxyribose (IPdR) as a Prodrug for IUdR-Mediated Tumor Radiosensitization in Brain Metastases
2017-present (Radiation Oncology Co-chair) Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology study- Title: ALLIANCE A041501A Phase III Trial to Evaluate the Efficacy of the Addition of Inotuzumab Ozogamicin (A Conjugated Anti-Cd22 Monoclonal Antibody) to Frontline Therapy in Young Adults (Ages 18-39 Years) with Newly Diagnosed Precursor B-Cell ALL
Status: Undergoing CTEP review.
2018-present (Study Champion) Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology study- Title: NRG LU002 Maintenance Systemic Therapy Versus Consolidative Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) Plus Maintenance Systemic Therapy for Limited Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC): A Randomized Phase II/III Trial
2005-2007 Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai, India, University of Mumbai, India
Title: Low dose Total Body Irradiation in cases of Low Grade Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma: Response evaluation & Immunological-Radiobiological assessment of mechanism.
Role: MD Dissertation
2013-2014 (Co-I) University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, USA,
Title: A Phase II Study of the Efficacy of Pulse Reduced Dose-Rate (PRDR) Radiation Therapy with Bevacizumab for Represent High-Grade Gliomas.
2013-2014 (Co-PI) University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, USA,
Title: A phase Ia-b dose-escalation study evaluating safety and efficacy of neoadjuvant stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) with concomitant capecitabine-based chemotherapy for resectable carcinoma of the exocrine pancreas.
2013-2014 (Co-I) University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, USA,
Title: Development of a multi-institutional introductory structured didactic radiation oncology curriculum for medical students pursuing a career in radiation oncology.
Multi-institutional study, Primary sponsor: University of Chicago.
- Treatment Considerations for Focused Populations. Moderator: Mohindra, ASTRO.org, News Briefing #2, 2017 Mar 17. https://www.astro.org/News-and-Publications/News-and-Media-Center/Press-Kits/2017/Thoracic-Meeting/Treatment-Considerations-for-Focused-Populations/
- Proton therapy shows promise for represent lung cancer. By Melinda Stevens, HemOnc Today, 2017 Mar 20. http://www.healio.com/hematology-oncology/lung-cancer/news/online/%7Bc9b717a0-83f8-48fa-aa37-38b04dc7de7c%7D/proton-therapy-shows-promise-for-represent-lung-cancer
- Poor outcomes more common among minority populations with NSCLC. By Melinda Stevens, HemOnc Today, 2017 Mar 21. http://www.healio.com/hematology-oncology/lung-cancer/news/online/%7B762ef076-c686-47bf-93a7-273c753151f4%7D/poor-outcomes-more-common-among-minority-populations-with-nsclc?page=1
- Study Results Support Use of Proton Therapy for Represent NSCLC. By Kurt Samson, Oncology Times: 2017 Apr 25;39(8):34, 51-51. http://journals.lww.com/oncology-times/Fulltext/2017/04250/Study_Results_Support_Use_of_Proton_Therapy_for.9.aspx
- Patients with EGFR Mutation Should Postpone Brain Radiation for CNS Metastases: Pro and Con, Lung Cancer IASLC News, 2017 Dec 19. http://www.lungcancernews.org/2017/12/19/patients-with-egfr-mutation-should-postpone-brain-radiation-for-cns-metastases-pro-and-con/
Board of Directors, Ulman Foundation:
Institutional Service- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison
2013- 2014 Medical Student Clerkship evaluation (Radiation Oncology clerkship)
2013- 2014 Peer-nominated member, Resident Quality and Safety Council,
Departmental Service- UMSOM, Department of Radiation Oncology
2016-present Director of Research Internships
** Oversee the activities of all research-related internships that span more than 30 days, work with applicants and match their interests with the research activities of our faculty, as well as mentor these students toward publications/presentations resulting from this work. In 2017 and 2018, a total of 10 undergraduates, students and residents have benefited from this program which includes 3 Medical student summer intern awards, 2 Graduation awards and 2 research awards.
2018-present Lead, Scope of Practice, Policy and Procedure Management Workgroup of Quality and Safety
** Develop SOP for various departmental clinical activities and establish uniform procedures system-wise.
2018-present Member, Inter-Departmental Radiation Oncology Network (IRON)
** Contributed in review of electronic variance forms, inter-departmental transfer process and new employee orientation tool.
2018-present Director of Billing and Compliance
** Oversee clinical billing and compliance at UMMC, MPTC and all community sites.
Institutional Service- UMSOM
2016-present Member, Human Use Sub-Committee
2015-2017 Ad hoc Member Clinical Research Committee (CRC), University of Maryland Greenebaum Cancer Center, Baltimore
2017-present GCRC Advisory Committee (GAC) member, University of Maryland Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center (UMGCCC) Baltimore
2017-present Full member, CRC, UMGCCC
2018-2019 UMSOM Council
2019-present FPI Compliance Committee
Regional Community Service- UMSOM
2018-present Board of Directors, Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults
2012-2015 Association of Residents in Radiation Oncology (ARRO) Education Subcommittee
2013-2016 Committee Member, Funding Advocacy and Clinical Trials Committee [FACT] [formerly NIH Clinical Trials Committee], ASTRO
2015-present Committee Member, Symptom Intervention Committee, Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
2015-2016 Appointed member, ACR Radiation Oncology In-Training (TXITTM) Exam-2016, Thoracic section
2016 Appointed member, ACR Radiation Oncology TXITTM Exam-2016 Lymphoma and Gynecology section
2016-present Committee Member, Radiation Oncology Committee, Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
2016-present Committee Member, Leukemia Committee, Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
2016-present Committee Member, NCI Brain Metastases Working Group
2016-present Committee Member, Workforce Subcommittee, ASTRO
2016-present Committee Member, Research Grants Evaluation Subcommittee, ASTRO
2017-present Board of Directors, Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
2017-present Section chair, ACR Radiation Oncology TXITTM Exam-Thoracic section
2017-present Committee Member, Respiratory Committee, Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
2017-present Committee Member, International Committee, ABS
2017-present Co-Chair, International Observership Task Group, ABS
2018-present Committee Member, Cancer in the Older Adult, Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
2018-present Committee Member, International Community Outreach Education Task Group, ABS
2019-present Vice-Chair, International Committee, ABS
2019-present Committee Member, Payer Relation Committee, ASTRO
2018-2019 Advanced Radiation Technology Committee, IASLC
2019-present Education Committee, IASLC
Departmental Service- University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Dept. of Radiation Oncology
2013- 2014 Medical Student Clerkship evaluation (Radiation Oncology clerkship)
2013 Residency Interview Selection Committee
Departmental Service- UMSOM, Dept. of Radiation Oncology
2014-present Residency Interview Screening Committee
2014-present Radiation Oncology Faculty Candidate Interview
2016-present Residency Interview Committee
2016-present Dosimetry Student Interview Selection Committee
2016-present Technology Research Review Committee (TRRC)
Institutional Service- UMSOM
2014 Judge (Poster Presentation), Medical Student Research Day
2014 Nephrology Faculty Candidate Interview
2017-present Interventional Pulmonology Fellowship Candidate Interview
2017 Judge (Poster Presentation), Medical Student Research Day
2012- 2014 Radiation Oncology panel, Education Exhibits Committee for RSNA Annual Meeting, 1 panel/year
2012-present Ad Hoc Reviewer, Diseases of the Esophagus, 0-1/year
2014-present Ad Hoc Reviewer, Radiographics, 0-1/year
2014-present Ad Hoc Reviewer, International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, 1-2/year
2015-present Ad hoc reviewer, Lung Cancer, 1/year
2016-present Ad Hoc Reviewer, Frontiers in Oncology, 0-1/year
2017 Abstract Reviewer, 2017 Multidisciplinary Thoracic Cancers Symposium, San Francisco
2017 Moderator, News Briefing: Treatment Considerations for Focused Populations, 2017 Multidisciplinary Thoracic Cancers Symposium, San Francisco
2017 Abstract Reviewer and Session Moderator, Miscellaneous Proffered Papers, 2017 Annual Meeting, ABS, Boston
2017-present Ad Hoc Reviewer, Brachytherapy, 1/year
2017-present Grant Review, ASTRO Resident Seed Grant, 5-7 grant applications/year
2017-present Ad Hoc Reviewer, Clinical Lung Cancer, 1/year
2017 Guest editor for an upcoming focused issue on "Advances in Radiation Oncology for Thoracic Malignancies” in The Journal of Thoracic Disease, a quarterly published journal indexed in pubmed and distributed worldwide.
2018-present Ad Hoc Reviewer, Advances in Radiation Oncology, 1-2/year
2018-2019 Abstract Reviewer, ASTRO Annual Meeting Abstract Review- Biology Track
2018 Session Moderator, ASTRO Annual Meeting Abstract Review- Biology Track
2019 Abstract Reviewer and Session Moderator, 2019 Annual Meeting, ABS, Miami
2019-present Ad Hoc Reviewer, Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology, 1/year
2019-present Ad Hoc Reviewer, Cancer Causes & Control, 1/year
2019-present Ad Hoc Reviewer, The British Journal of Radiology, 1/year
2016 Dutch Cancer Society (KWF) and Dutch Technology Foundation (STW): Partnership Research Programme-Technology in Oncology, Reviewer of Grant Proposal
2019 Cancer Research UK: Clinical Research Committee - Biomarker Project Award, Reviewer of Grant Proposal.