Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences
Program Director for Diversity, Inclusion & Women's Empowerment
419 W Redwood Street Baltimore, MD 21201
Education and Training
- Harvard University, B.S. 2003
- Universisty of Maryland school of Medicine, M.D. 2009
- University of Maryland Medical Center, Deparmtent of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences, Residency Training 2013
- University of Maryland Medical Center, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences, Global Women's Health Fellowship 2015
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology 2016
Dr. Kitessa is a general obstetrician and gynecologist caring from women of all ages with clinical interests that include care of women in pregnancy, care of adolescents, family planning & contraception, and cervical dysplasia. She also participates in global health activities in Rwanda.
- Hill, W., Ellis, D., Kress, C., Kitessa, D., Washington, S., Erber, S., Hays, C., Rulisa, S., Bagame, P., The Role, Opportunities, Accomplisments, and Implications Worldwide of the Obstetrician- Gynecologist in the Human Resources for Health (HRH) Program in Rwanda. Abstract accepted for presentation at FIGO World Congress, Vancouver, Canada 2015.
- Mednick, L., Peterson, L., Kitessa, D., Cogen, F., Henderson, C., and Streisand, R. A day in the life of a parent of a very young child with type 1 diabetes. Poster accepted for presentations at the biannual meeting of the Child Health Conference, Gainesville, FL 2006
- Tercyak, K.P., Sampilo, M., Green, M., Beck-Heyman, M., Brown, A., Kitessa, D., Prahlad, S., and Wine, L., and Streisand, R. Appyling a behavioral epidemiology framework to research phases in a child health psychology: Toward promoting better health and preventing disease. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings.
Clinical Specialty Details
General Women's Medical Care, Disorders of the female reproductive system, care of pregnant women