Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences
419 W Redwood Street Baltimore, MD 21201
Education and Training
- Harvard University, B.S. 2003
- Universisty of Maryland school of Medicine, M.D. 2009
- university of Maryland Medical Center, Deparmtent of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences, Residency Training 2013
- University of Maryland Medical Center, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences, Global Women's Health Fellowship 2015
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology 2016
Dr. Kitessa is a general Obstetrician and Gynecologist caring from women of all ages with clinical interests that include care of women in pregnancy, care of adolescents, family planning & contraception, and cervical dysplasia. She also participates in global health activities in Rwanda.
- Hill, W., Ellis, D., Kress, C., Kitessa, D., Washington, S., Erber, S., Hays, C., Rulisa, S., Bagame, P., The Role, Opportunities, Accomplisments, and Implications Worldwide of the Obstetrician- Gynecologist in the Human Resources for Health (HRH) Program in Rwanda. Abstract accepted for presentation at FIGO World Congress, Vancouver, Canada 2015.
- Mednick, L., Peterson, L., Kitessa, D., Cogen, F., Henderson, C., and Streisand, R. A day in the life of a parent of a very young child with type 1 diabetes. Poster accepted for presentations at the biannual meeting of the Child Health Conference, Gainesville, FL 2006
- Tercyak, K.P., Sampilo, M., Green, M., Beck-Heyman, M., Brown, A., Kitessa, D., Prahlad, S., and Wine, L., and Streisand, R. Appyling a behavioral epidemiology framework to research phases in a child health psychology: Toward promoting better health and preventing disease. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings.
General Women's Medical Care, Disorders of the female reproductive system, care of pregnant women