Clinical Assistant Professor
419 West Redwood Street, Suite 235, Baltimore MD 21201
Education and Training
- 1974-1978: B.A., Queens College of CUNY (Summa Cum Laude)
- 1978-1982: M.D, Yale University School of Medicine
- 1982-1983: Internship, Baltimore City Hospital (now Johns Hopkins Bayview)
- 1983-1984: Fellowship, Psychiatry Research, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- 1984-1987: Residency, Dermatology, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- 1987-1988: Fellowship, Dermatopathology, Johns Hopkins Hospital
Dr. Jampel has spent the majority of her career in private practice taking care of patients of all ages with a wide variety of skin diseases. She has always focused on high quality personal patient care and is entering academic medicine to work with resident physicians, develop and implement a quality program for the department and continue to see patients.
Her clinical interests are broad and include the use of photography and digital dermoscopy in the care of patients with multiple abnormal moles and melanoma, skin cancer in immunosuppressed patients, teenage and adult acne, sensible care of geriatric patients, vulvar dermatology and the judicious and natural appearing use of Botox and fillers.
digital dermoscopy, abnormal moles and melanoma, skin cancer, acne treatment, vulvar dermatology
- 1987: American Board of Dermatology
- 2009: American Board of Dermatology recertified
- 1989-2008: Instructor, Dermatology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine