Education and Training
2005-2009: B.S., Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia School of Engineering & Applied Science (Highest Distinction)
2009-2013: M.D., University of Virginia School of Medicine Post Graduate Education and Training
Post Graduate Training
2013-2014: Internship, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
2014-2017: Residency, Anesthesia, Critical Care & Pain Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
2017-2018: Fellowship, Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Peer-reviewed journal articles
1. Petrie Aronin CE, Shin SJ, Naden KB, Rios PD Jr, et al. The enhancement of bone allograft incorporation by the local delivery of the sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor targeted drug FTY720. Biomaterials 2010;31(25):6417-24.
2. Colquhoun DA, Naden K, Thiele RH. Frequency domain analysis of cerebral near infrared spectroscopy signals during application of an impedance threshold device in spontaneously ventilating volunteers. J Clin Monit Comput 2016;30(4):389-98.
3. Hollander KN, Montealegre-Gallegos M, Mahmood F. Valve-in-valve-in homograft: A case of a repeat transcatheter aortic valve replacement in a patient with an aortic homograft. Ann Card Anaesth 2016;19(4):737-39.
4. Hollander K, Mahmood E, Mahmood F. Transient ischemic attacks – No atrial septal defect and sinus rhythm. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2017;31(5):1922-24.
1. Hollander KN, Montealegre-Gallegos M, Mahmood F. Valve-in-Valve-in-Homograft: A Case of a Repeat Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement in a Patient with an Aortic Homograft. Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists Annual Meeting, Poster Presentation, 2016.
2. Hollander K, Mahmood E, Mahmood F. Transient Ischemic Attacks – No Atrial Septal Defect and Sinus Rhythm. New England Anesthesia Residents Conference, Oral Presentation, 2017.
3. Hollander KN, Amir R, Mueller A, Matyal R. Echocardiography Measurements of Right Ventricular Function As Predictors of Postoperative Supraventricular Arrhythmias After Thoracic Surgery. New England Anesthesia Residents Conference, Poster Presentation, 2017. Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists Annual Meeting, Poster Presentation, 2017.
4. Hollander K, Mahmood E, Mahmood F. Electro-Mechanical Discordance Between the Left Atrium and Appendage. Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists Annual Meeting, Poster Presentation, 2017.