Medical Director of the Critical Care Resuscitation Unit (CCRU)
University of Maryland Medical Center, 22 S. Greene St., Baltimore, MD 21201
Education and Training
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, BA, Spanish 2001 - 2005
- University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine, MD 2005 - 2009
- Maricopa Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ, Emergency Medicine Residency 2009 - 2012
- R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, University of Maryland Medical Center, Trauma/Surgical Critical Care Fellowship 2012 - 2013
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, Critical Care Medicine Fellowship, 2013 - 2014
Daniel Haase is an emergency medicine and critical care physician who is trained in both surgical critical care and critical care medicine. As the Medical Director of the Critical Care Resuscitation Unit, Dr. Haase's clinical focus is on the care of patients with time-sensitive, critical illness.
As the Director of Dducation for the Shock Trauma Center's Critical Care Ultrasound Program, Dr. Haase is an expert at bedside ultrasonography and echocardiography, including critical care transesophageal echocardiography (TEE).
Dr. Haase also directs the Emergency Medicine -- Surgical Critical Care and Extracorporeal Life Support Fellowships at the Shock Trauma Center, and is dedicated to the education of the next generation of intensivists.
Critical care, ultrasound, echocardiography, resuscitation