Clinical Assistant Professor
110 S. Paca Street, 6th floor, Suite 200
Education and Training
1987-1991 BS Biology Cornell University, Ithaca New York
1991-1995 Doctor of Medicine, Distinction in research, State University of New York at Stony Brook
1996-1999 Residency in Emergency Medicine, University of Maryland, Maryland Institute for Emergency Medicine Services Systems, Baltimore Maryland
Dr Grundman is an emergency medicince physician working At the VAMC in Baltimore Maryland. Her primary interests include geriatric and ophthalmic emergencies.
Jerrard D, Broder J, Hanna J, Grundmann K, Colletti J, Geroff A. Malaria: A rising incidence in the United States. Journal of Emergency Medicine, Vol 23 (1). 23-33, 2002
Butler KH, Fidler D, Grundmann K. Right lower quadrant abdominal pain in women of reproductive age: an algorithmic approach. Emergency Medicine Reports 1:1–13, January 1, 2002.
Grundmann, K , Infections in the Elderly. Critical Decision in Emergency Medicine. (Accepted for publication)
Kelly K, Grundmann K. Abdominal Pain in Pregnancy. Critical Decision in Emergency Medicine. (submitted)
1. Newman GC, Hospod FE, Qi H, Grundmann K. Histology and Glucose Utilization in a Thick Brain Slice Model of Ischemia: Protective Effects of Phenytoin and Pentobarbitol. J Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism. 11: S741,1991.
2. Hospod FE, Qi H, DeMontagnac A, Grundmann K, Newman GC. Suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN) glucose utilization in late day is normalized by serotonin or cAMP, Soc. Neuroscience Abstr. 17: 671,1991.
3. Qi H, Hospod FE, Grundmann K, Newman GC. Protection of brain slices from ischemic injury during preparation by hypothermia, phenytoin and pentobarbital Soc. Neuroseience Abstr. 17. 12 72, 1991.
4. Grundmann K, Qi H, Hospod FE, Newman GC, Protective Effects of phenytoin and pentobarbital in a thick slice model of ischemia. Soc. Neuroscience Abstr. 17: 1272, 1991. (Presented. New Orleans, November 10-15,1991)
5. Qi H, Hospod FE, Grundmann K, Newman GC, Physiologic and histologic effects of phenytoin in an in vitro model of transient global ischemia. Soc. Neuroscience Abstr. 18: 1258, 1992.
6. Newman GC, Qi H, Hospod FE, Grundmann K. Preservation of hippocampal brain slices with in vivo or in vitro Hypothermia Brain Res 5 75: 159-163, 1992.
Mattu A, Winters M, Grundmann K, Clinics in Geriatric Medicine ,Volume 23: Emergencies in the Elderly Patient, Number 2, Saunders Book Company, 2007.