737 West Lombard Street, Rm 195
Education and Training
- 2012: Bachelors of Art in Biology with a minor in Mathematics, St. Mary’s College of Maryland – St. Mary’s City, MD
- 2014: Masters of Science in Genetic Counseling, University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, MI
- 2014: Certified Genetic Counselor, American Board of Genetic Counselors (ABGC)
Ms. Frank graduated from St. Mary's College of Maryland in 2012 with a bachelor of arts in biology where her senior capstone project focused on evaluating Fragile X syndrome as a candidate condition for newborn screening. She completed her masters in genetic counseling at the University of Michigan in 2014 with a masters thesis project entitled "Assessing the impact of BRCA testing decisions on breast cancer worry and decision regret"
Following her graduate training, Ms. Frank began working at University of Maryland School of Medicine as a genetic counselor. She sees patients in the pediatric specialty offices for general pediatric genetics. She also counsels both pediatric and adult patients in our multidisciplinary cardiovascular genetics program and the University of Maryland Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Center of Excellence. In addition to her clinical responsibilities, Ms. Frank maintains an active role in the Masters in Genetic Counseling training program at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. She serves as an instructor for lectures to the MGC students, coordinates their standardized patient experiences, mentors student research projects, and supervises students in their pediatric genetic clinical rotations.
genetic counselor, cardio-genetics, Cardiovascular genetic counseling, pediatric genetic counseling
Lockhard, E, C. Greene, J. Frank, V. See, S. Vashist, and I. Lubin. Long QT Syndrome: Integrating Genetic Testing into a Diagnostic Work Flow: A Process to Identify Opportunities and Gaps. Association for Molecular Pathology Annual Meeting. 2017.
Whitleigh, J., R. Del Barco, S. Dixon, J. Frank, and R. Nusbaum. An investigation of the satisfaction with the diagnosis experience of Hispanic parents of children with Down syndrome. Poster Presentation. 36th Annual Education Conference of the National Society of Genetic Counselors. 2017.
Frank J, Milliron K, Uhlmann W, Kidwell K, and Merajver S. Assessing the impact of BRCA testing decisions on breast cancer worry and decision regret. Poster presentation. 33rd Annual Education Conference of the National Society of Genetic Counselors. 2014
Bisordi, K., S. Dixon, A Egense, J. Frank and R. Nusbaum, Who are these genetic counselors and what are they discussing with my patients?, University of Maryland Pediatrics Grand Rounds, Baltimore, MD, 2017
Baker Smith, C. and J. Frank, University of Maryland Cardiovascular Genetics Program: The Role of Genetic Testing in Congenital Heart Disease, Holy Cross Hospital, Silver Spring, MD, in preparation
Frank, J., Inherited Arrhythmias in the Perinatal Period, University of Maryland OB/NICU, Baltimore, MD, 2015
Frank, J and J. Kaplan, Whole Exome Sequencing in Pediatric Genetics: Uncovering an Unexpected Diagnosis, Baltimore Genetics Group, Towson, MD, 2014
- 2014–Present: Genetic Counselor (Pediatric and Cardiovascular), University of Maryland School of Medicine – Baltimore, MD
- 2018-Present: Lead Genetic Counselor for Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Center of Excellence, University of Maryland School of Medicine – Baltimore, MD
- Board certified genetic counselor
- Cardiovascular genetic counseling for outpatients and inpatients
- General pediatric genetic counseling
- Back-up genetic counselor for newborn screening follow-up
Member, National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC)