Assistant Professor (Adjunct Faculty I)
Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science
Education and Training
1990 Russell Sage College, Troy, NY, Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy
1997 Quinnipiac College, Hamden, CT, Masters of Science in Physical Therapy (Orthopaedics and Advanced Clinical Practice)
2010 University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, Doctor of Science in Physical Therapy
1998 Clinical Instructor Credentialed, First physical therapist to attempt and successfully complete Advanced Cardiac Life Support Training at both Sibley Memorial Hospital (2001) and Lawrence Hospital (1992 &1994). CPR certified.
1997 Active - Physical Therapy, Maryland
1998 Active - Physical Therapy, District of Columbia
Physical Therapy/Mobility Issues
• Researched and developed an examination tool that can be used for providing an annual wellness exam to detect preclinical mobility issues in older persons.
• Currently conducting research on Physical Therapist administered Annual Adult Wellness Exam with goal of submitting to professional journal for publication.
• Extensive clinical work in all in-patient areas including orthopaedics, wound care, general surgery, ICU/CCU, oncology, and OB carrying a patient caseload of 10-18/day.
• Performed employee reviews.
• Managed a seventeen person rehabilitation team (PT, OT, SLP), covering a 150 bed sub acute/skilled nursing facility.
• Worked closely with nursing staff and administration in developing and implementing restorative nursing program policies and procedures.
• Initiated wound care program for Physical Therapy Department.
• Participated on facility Continuous Quality Improvement committees. Evaluated and treated a wide variety of sub acute patient caseloads.
• Initiated and completed customized wheelchair application and fitting process.
• Performed out-patient and in-patient rotations in 280 bed community hospital.
• Supervised outpatient cardiac rehabilitation program.
• Participated in hospital-wide Total Quality Management program.
• Completed 32 hour ECG interpretation course.
1989 Admitted to the Sage Circle, Russell Sage College (awarded for participation, leadership and service on campus and in the community).
1990 Graduated Cum Laude. Named to Dean's List,' all semesters. Athenian Honor Society, Russell Sage College.
1997 Recipient, Academic Achievement Award, QUinnipiac College (cumulative average of greater than 3.85 for 21 credits).
2010 Recipient, Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIPS
American Physical Therapy Association
Center Coordinator of Clinical Education at Sibley Memorial Hospital:
• Implemented a 2:1 student to instructor model.
• I nstructor for prenatal fitness classes
• Served as clinical educator for hospital wide staff orientation, for patient pre-op education
• classes, and in..;housecontinuingeducation for physical therapy staff
• Developed and presented two-hour workshops to therapists in Sundance's Hartford region.
• Acted as clinical instructor for Physical Therapy students.
• Served as a consultant to colleagues on acute care practice.
• Delivered lectures in preventative back care to IBM employees.