Education and Training
- Medical Degree
- Universidad de Guayaquil, School of Medicine, Guayaquil – Ecuador 05/1996 – 07/2003; Medical Degree 07/2003
- University of Miami / Jackson Memorial Hospital; Internal Medicine Residency, Department of Medicine, 6/2007 – 6/ 2010
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland Ohio, Vascular Medicine Fellowship, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine. 7/2010-6/2011
Dr. Cires-Drouet is originally from Guayaquil, Ecuador and is a graduate of the University of Guayaquil School of Medicine. He completed his Internal Medicine training at Jackson Memorial Hospital at the University of Miami in Miami, Florida, and his Vascular Medicine Fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio. Dr. Cires-Drouet is fluent in English and Spanish. Dr. Cires-Drouet is board certified in Internal Medicine and Vascular Medicine and is a Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI).
Dr. Cires-Drouet interests are coagulation and thrombosis, hypercoagulable states, venous thrombembolic disease, IVC filters, peripheral vascular disease, arterial aneurysms, chronic venous insufficiency, sclerotherapy, lymphedema, vasculitis, vasospastic disorders, and vascular laboratory. Current research interest are in venous thrombosis of the lower and upper extremities, and treatment of peripheral arterial disease.
Peripheral arterial disease, Deep vein thrombosis of the lower extremities, Deep vein thrombosis of the upper extremities, Vascular ultrasound images.
- Cires-Drouet R., Mozafarian M, Lal BK. Imaging of High Risk Carotid Plaque: Ultrasound. 2017 Seminars in Vascular Surgery. 30(1):44-53
- Cires, R., Patel, H., Tamariz, L., Hare, J., Zambrano, J., Effect of Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor on Systolic Function of Oncology Patients. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011 Jan 25;57(4):516-7.
- Cires RS., Maya SV., Severe Digital Ischemia. New England Journal of Medicine. 2007 Jul; 357(1): 52.
- Oliveros WJ., Sandoval C, Cires RS., Blum M., Tafur A., Transplante de celulas madre. Medicina. 2003 Jun; 1(9): 174-185 (Ecuador).
- Lal BK, Cires-Drouet R, Cerebrovascular Disease in the Elderly; Rabin Chaer; Vascular Disease in Older Adults. Springer 2017.
- Lal BK, Cires-Drouet R, Mozafarian M, Non-Invasive Vascular Diagnosis, AbuRhama Ali, Duplex Ultrasound Velocity Criteria in Carotid Artery Stenting Patients. 2017.
- -NHLBI Training Grant in Cardiovascular Signaling; Cardiovascular Research Symposium; first placeClinical Science Poster Presentation Award. March 12th, 2009
- Member of "Colegio de Medicos del Guayas" since 2003
- American Medical Association since 2007 No. 31903030022
- American College of Physicians since 2010 No. 01478799
- Society of Vascular Medicine since 2011.
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography; since 2011, No. 157648
Role of a Novel Exercise Program to Prevent Post-thrombotic Syndrome, EFFORT 2 Trial
VA Merrit grant. Baltimore VA Medical Center, Principal Investigator: Dr. Brajesh K. Lal