Education and Training
Frostburg State University, B.S. Biology 2008
University of Maryland, Baltimore, Ph.D. 2015
Thesis Advisor- Dr. Laure Aurelian
Univerisity of Maryland, Baltimore, Postdoctoral fellowship 2015-2019
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Laboratory of Dr. Tonya Webb
University of Maryland Greenebaum Cancer Center, Postdoctoral fellowship, 2019
Program in Oncology, Laboratory of Dr. Ashkan Emadi
Acute myeloid leukemia, FLT3 inhibition, pancreatic cancer, glutamine metabolism
1. Colunga, A., Bollino, D., Schech, A. and Aurelian, L. “Calpain-dependent clearance of the autophagy protein p62/SQSTM1 is a contributor to DPK oncolytic activity in melanoma.” Gene Therap. 2014; 21: 371-378.
2. Bollino D, Balan I, Aurelian LA. “Valproic acid induces neuronal cell death through a novel calpain-dependent necroptosis pathway.” J Neurochem. 2015; 133 (2):174-86.
3. June HL, Liu J, Warnock KT, Bell KA, Balan I, Bollino D, Puche A, Aurelian L. “CRF-Amplified Neuronal TLR4/MCP-1 Signaling Regulates Alcohol Self-Administration.” 2015; 40(6):1549-59.
4. Bollino D, Colunga A, Li B, Aurelian, LA. “ΔPK oncolytic activity includes modulation of the tumour cell milieu.” J Gen Virol. 2016; 97(2):496-508.
5. Aurelian L, Bollino D, Colunga A. “The oncolytic virus ∆PK has multi-modal anti-tumor activity” Pathogens and Disease. 2016; 74(5). pii: ftw050. doi: 10.1093/femspd/ftw050.
6. Webb TJ, Carey GB, East JE, Sun W, Bollino DR, Kimball AS, Brutkiewicz RR. “Alterations in cellular metabolism modulate CD1d-mediated NKT cell responses”. Pathogens and Disease. 2016; 74 (6): ftw055. doi: 10.1093/femspd/ftw055.
7. Shissler SC, Bollino DR, Tiper IV, Bates JP, Derakhshandeh R, Webb TJ. “Immunotherapeutic strategies targeting natural killer T cell responses in cancer.” 2016; 68 (8), 623-638.
8. Bollino D, Webb TJ. Chimeric antigen receptor-engineered natural killer and natural killer T cells for cancer immunotherapy. Trans Res. 2017; 187:32-43.
Targeting glutamine metabolism in hematological and solid neoplasms