BVAMC Hemodialysis Unit Medical Director
University of Maryland Medical Center
Education and Training
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Naval Medical Center San Diego, San Diego, CA
- Residency, Internal Medicine, National Capital Consortium at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, MD
- Fellowship, Nephrology, National Capital Consortium at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, MD
Dr. Bolaños joined the United States NAVY as a physician in 2007. He completed his Internal Medicine Internship at Naval Medical Center San Diego in California. He successfully completed a General Medical Officer tour serving as Asst Battalion Surgeon under First Marine Division, 29 Palms California. He continued his training in Internal Medicine Residency followed by Nephrology fellowship at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. He has completed staff tours at several Military Training Facilities and joined the ranks of the University of Maryland School of Medicine in 2019.
- Outcomes After Post-Traumatic AKI Requiring RRT in United States Military Service Members. Bolanos JA, Yuan CM, Little DJ, Oliver DK, Howard SR, Abbott KC, Olson SW. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015 Oct 7;10(10):1732-9.
- Hyperkalemia and Dialysis in the Deployed Setting. Stewart I., Bolanos J., et al. Journal of Military Medicine, 183, 9/10:147, 2018.
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Critical Care Nephrology
- Secondary and difficult to control HTN
- Acute Kidney Injury
- 24-hr Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Transplant nephrology
- Fellow of the American College of Physicians
- Fellow of the American Society of Nephrology
- James J. Leonard Award for Excellence in Teaching, Internal Medicine - Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences