Events & Activities
2018-2019 Academic Year
- Offering student led yoga 3 days a week.
- Providing pre-exam breakfast snacks and coffee one business day before an exam.
- Incorporating wellness into Structure and Development.
- Highlighting wellness topics in the Stress Less and Decompress section of the White Coat.
- Offering a wellness tracking and point system
- Wellness incentives - individual prizes and points for House
2017-2018 Academic Year
The 2017-2018 Academic Year was an exciting year with the launch of our Stress Less and Decompress wellness programming.
- Hosted two breakfasts for Year 1 & Year 2 (Rejuvenation Breakfast Video)
- Offered two Meditation Classes
- Pre-exam food and coffee: Provided breakfast snacks and coffee one business day before an exam.
- ICM 3 days: Made these days shorter and incorporated some wellness programming
- Added wellness talks in Psych and IM Clerkships
- House spaces for students opened in January of 2018 in HSF-I (Lois Young-Thomas House, Julius Friedenwald House, Eva Dodge House, and Mario Garcia-Palmieri House) where students can have social events, meetings, or space for some downtime. Click to read more about our House Advisory System.
- Incorporated wellness topics into the bi-monthly White Coat newsletter in September of 2017, as well as included campus resources such as UMB's Wellness Hub, Student Counseling Center, and Student Health.
- The Complementary and Integrative Medicine Interest Group (CIMIG) created and distributed a wellness survey.