Patient care begins with self-care!
Welcome to the Stress Less and Decompress wellness program.
Meet the OSA Committee Members
Donna Parker, MD
Joseph Martinez, MD
John Allen, MD
Jennifer Llewellyn, M.Ed.
Kristen McCartin, CMP
Want to be part of the committee? Click here to be invited to the next wellness meeting.
Wellness Suggestion Box
We want to hear from you! Let us kow your ideas for wellness activities that interest you. Click here to share your ideas with us.
2018-2019 Academic Year
- Offering student led yoga 3 days a week.
- Providing pre-exam breakfast snacks and coffee one business day before an exam.
- Incorporating wellness into Structure and Development.
- Highlighting wellness topics in the Stress Less and Decompress section of the White Coat.
- Offering a wellness tracking and point system
- Wellness incentives - individual prizes and points for House
2017-2018 Academic Year
The 2017-2018 Academic Year was an exciting year with the launch of our Stress Less and Decompress wellness programming.
- Hosted two breakfasts for Year 1 & Year 2 (Rejuvenation Breakfast Video)
- Offered two Meditation Classes
- Pre-exam food and coffee: Provided breakfast snacks and coffee one business day before an exam.
- ICM 3 days: Made these days shorter and incorporated some wellness programming
- Added wellness talks in Psych and IM Clerkships
- House spaces for students opened in January of 2018 in HSF-I (Lois Young-Thomas House, Julius Friedenwald House, Eva Dodge House, and Mario Garcia-Palmieri House) where students can have social events, meetings, or space for some downtime. Click to read more about our House Advisory System.
- Incorporated wellness topics into the bi-monthly White Coat newsletter in September of 2017, as well as included campus resources such as UMB's Wellness Hub, Student Counseling Center, and Student Health.
- The Complementary and Integrative Medicine Interest Group (CIMIG) created and distributed a wellness survey.
Student Counseling Center 410-328-8404
Student Health Immediate Care 667.214.1899
Psychiatric Urgent Care 410-328-1219
Resilience In Stressful Events
Available 24/7 for Stressful Clinical Events
Inside UMUC: Pager 12602 (Go to UMMC Insider and use the Pager function in the yellow bar at the top of any page)
Outside UMMC: 410-328-2337, #12602 and follow prompts
The Journal of the UMSOM Complementary and Integrative Medicine Interest Group