For financial aid related questions or concerns, email Aidtalk.
- University Student Financial Assistance
Patricia Scott, Assistant VP
- Year 1 Budgeting and Loans: PPT|Video
- Year 2 Budgeting and Loans
- Year 3 Info Sheet
- The Cost of Applying for Medical Residency: PPT|Video
- Student Loans and Repayment Strategies: PPT|Video
- Sample Repayment Plan
- Repayment Strategies for Medical School Graduates
Student Emergency Fund
Currently enrolled students who experience an acute and unexpected short-term hardship are able to apply for an emergency grant. This program is being administered by the Office of Student Affairs in accordance with applicable University rules and policies. Funding for the Emergency Grant program is made possible by donations to the University of Maryland Baltimore Foundation. Emergency funds are not considered a loan, and students will not need to repay the funds. The fund itself is limited.
Students interested in applying for scholarships outside of the university may research the scholarships listed below. Please contact the individual organization for more information.