- Faculty with school-wide recognition of excellence in and dedication to the education mission of the SOM.
- Pass and Susel Academy of Educational Excellence members are automatically included in this tier.
- Faculty who are actively engaged in medical education and have demonstrated an ongoing commitment to careers in medical education.
- This may include persons who have a defined role in education as well as those who have demonstrated substantial commitment and contributions to medical education in other ways.
- Automatically included in this tier will be:
- Medical Education Deans and Directors
- Core Course and Clerkship Directors
- Directors of Longitudinal Threads
- Course Unit and Section Heads
- Sub-Internship/Elective Directors
- Residency/Fellowship Program Directors and Associate Directors
- House Heads and Mentors
- Admissions Committee Members
- Faculty, residents, fellows and students who are engaged in medical education and who aspire to careers in academic medicine and medical education.
- Those who have achieved the level of core or distinguished educator and have left the institution or retired but continue to serve as educators.
- To be considered, these educators must indicate interest in remaining in MELA.