Macy Faculty Scholars Program
Nominations Due to MELA by August 1
The Macy Faculty Scholars Program is designed to identify and nurture the careers of promising educators and future leaders in medicine and nursing.
Macy Faculty Scholars receive up to $200,000 of salary support over two years to implement an educational scholarly project in their home institutions. They also participate in a program of career development activities and build meaningful connections with a national network of mentors and peers, all with the goal of preparing them for leadership roles.
Learn more about the Macy Faculty Scholars Program
Our school may nominate only one person. If interested, please send the following to MELA by August 1, 2023:
- Statement of both career objectives and personal goals for this program (maximum 7,600 characters).
- Description of the educational project to be undertaken (maximum 10,000 characters).
- Letter of support from your mentor describing the characteristics that suggest excellence as an educator and future leader. The letter must include a commitment to provide advice on project and career development.
- Letter from your chair indicating a commitment to protecting time and describing your role in the department.
- Letter from one other senior faculty who is familiar with your work.
- Bioksketches for you and your mentor.