The meetings of the Diabetes in Pregnancy Study Group of North America (DPSG-NA) are a vehicle for the dissemination of data among the diverse biomedical and healthcare disciplines working to reduce the burden that diabetes in pregnancy can cause for a family.
Although the meetings cover a range of topics related to diabetes in pregnancy, they have often highlighted a major, timely issue, including:
- Diabetes and obesity in pregnancy
- Diagnosis and treatment of gestational diabetes mellitus
- Preventing diabetes-induced birth defects
- Diabetes-associated macrovascular and microvascular complications
- Antenatal fetal surveillance
- Cost-effectiveness in diabetes management
Utilizing presentations, roundtable discussions and debates, members of the DPSG-NA discussed the latest research, treatments and approaches to significantly improve the health and wellbeing of pregnant women with diabetes and their babies.
Learn more about the 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2019 DPSG-NA meetings: