School Mental Health Program, Baltimore City
University of Maryland School Mental Health Program, Baltimore City
- Behavioral Health Systems Baltimore
- Baltimore City Public Schools
Nancy Lever, PhD
Jennifer Cox, LCSW-C
Kelly Willis, LCSW-C
Brittany Parham, PhD
Sharon Hoover, PhD
Ellie Davis, LCSW-C
The SMHP Team
The SMHP team serves 25 schools in Baltimore City and is dedicated to the following goals:
- Removing barriers to learning
- Creating a safe and nurturing learning environment
- Providing a range of culturally sensitive and effective prevention and therapeutic services to students and families
- Promoting wellness and academic success
The SMHP aims to positively impact schools by building its capacity to support social emotional wellness. Main methods include strengthening the school climate and teachers/administrators’ abilities to serve students with mental health concerns, as well as offering effective prevention, intervention, and treatment services to students and families.
Our interdisciplinary team is comprised of:
- Social workers
- Professional counselors
- Trainees guided by youth, families, and school staff
The SMHP is committed to integrating evidence-based practices into a multi-tiered system of support and with a strong focus on school-family-community partnerships.
Additionally, the SMHP has a growing telepsychiatry program that is supported by the University of Maryland School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, and the National Center for School Mental Health.