UMSOM Office of Research
Office of Research
Overview of SOM’s areas of research focus and resources available to SOM faculty in Offices of the Dean, Research Websites and Research Centers.
NOTE: This is the home page for all SOM research offices and resources.
For more information, please visit the Office of Research.
Office of Research Affairs
The ORA staff provides a wide range of services to SOM faculty including:
- Reviewing and managing the pre-award process
- Identifying and notifying departments and faculty members about funding opportunities
- Assisting with limited grant submissions and university funded award programs
- Assembling and submitting large/complex multi-PI grant applications
- The ORA can provide assistance in acquiring letters of support, assembling and proofreading proposals, etc. but require that all requests for assistance be made at least two months prior to the proposal deadline.
- Identifying and establishing new, interdisciplinary research collaborations
- Interfacing between departmental research administrators and university compliance staff
For more inforamation, please visit the Office of Research Affairs.
Joni Prasad, PhD
Director, Office of Research Affairs
Conflict of Interest and Conflict of Commitment
To learn more, please visit the Office of Faculty Affairs and Professional Development.
Nancy Ryan Lowitt
Associate Dean, Office of Faculty Affairs and Professional Development