2010 State of the School Address
Working Together, Bringing Out the Best
"Working Together, Bringing Out the Best" was the theme for the 2010 State of the School Address, delivered by E. Albert Reece, MD, PhD, MBA, Vice President for Medical Affairs, University of Maryland and the John Z. and Akiko K. Bowers Distinguished Professor and Dean, University of Maryland School of Medicine.
“We have had an extraordinary year in many ways,” said Dean Reece, who addressed faculty staff, students and university leaders in the MSTF Auditorium on September 29th, 2010. Among all 133 medical schools, the School of Medicine ranked 18th in the Association of American Medical College’s (AAMC) rankings of direct grants and contract expenditures. According to the AAMC, the School of Medicine is the 4th fastest growing research enterprise in the country.
2010 State of the School Address PDF
- Part 1: Introduction: The Challenges
- Part 2: Faculty, Staff and Students and Alumni: Highlights and Statistics
- Part 3: Research Highlights: Grants and Contracts, HSF III, Rankings, Research Growth, Conflict of Interest Policies
- Part 4: Clinical Care Highlights: Practice Plan Performance, Outpatient Initiatives, Clinical Highlights, SOM/UMMS Partnership
- Part 5: Community Service Highlights
- Part 6: Finance and Philanthropy Highlights: Budget, Economic Impact, Private Gifts, Fund for Medicine Gala
- Part 7: Leadership Transitions & Strategic Plan
- Part 8: More Faculty Highlights