Presenting at MSRD
Presentation Registration & Abstract Submission
Presentation registration is open. Abstract submission will be open on September 29.
To present and compete at MSRD, eligible medical students interested in participating must 1) first register their presentation and 2) then later submit the abstract and abstract-related information by the deadlines below. Registration and abstracts will be submitted electronically through online forms that will be provided. Please read the information and instructions in the sections below carefully prior to submitting presentation registration and abstract.
Presentation Registration Deadline: Friday, September 29, 2023, 11:59 pm EST
Registrants will be notified whether selected as presenter and their format of presentation around October 18. Accepted presenters will also be provided the presentation schedule.
Abstract Submission Deadline: Friday, October 27, 2023, 11:59 pm EST
Abstract will be op en on September 29.
All of the following requirements for eligibility must be met. If you have any questions regarding eligibility below, please submit your question through Ask MSRD.
- Presenter must be a medical student currently attending the University of Maryland School of Medicine (UM SOM) and who has completed at least one year of medical school.
- Presenter must have conducted the research while matriculated as a UM SOM student and within two years from the date of MSRD, regardless of the location of the research.
- The content of the research must be related to biomedical fields or health topics. Clinical case presentations or vignettes are eligible.
- The research must not have been presented at a previous MSRD. Research that is an extension of research presented at a previous MSRD is permitted. If it is an extension, prior research and data can be included as part of the background and preliminary data.
- The research must not be part of thesis or dissertation research. Dual degree students (MD/PhD and MD/MS) are eligible if the research was conducted prior to PhD or MS training.
Note: To be eligible for award prizes, presenter must be present at the Awards Banquet on Day 2 Nov. 29 (roughtly ~4:40-6:10pm, specific time will be provided).