Android Setup Guide
- "Intune Company Portal" app must be installed before setting up Outlook. User will be prompted to do so during configuration.
- Please note, the "Intune Company Portal" application is only used to manage policy on your device. Sign in is not required to the Compnay Portal app.
Setup Instructions (Outlook):
1. Open the Google Play store. Search and download Outlook for Android.
2. Search and Download the "Intune Company Portal" app. When the app has finished installing, open Outlook from the home screen
3. Click "Get Started" and enter your UMSOM email address. Click Continue. Enter your password when prompted. You may be prompted for MFA if off the campus network.
4. Click "Register" when prompted. This will register your mobile device so all UMSOM policies can be applied. This only has to be completed once per device.
5. The application will redirect back to Outlook. You will recieve this message approximately 30 seconds later and Outlook will restart. This message confirms your device has recived the necessary policies to continue.
6. Setup a PIN for accessing UMSOM apps. This PIN will apply to all managed applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Onedrive, etc.) If you use a fingerprint for screen unlocking it will override the PIN setting within 30 mintues. You will be prompted to reauthenticate to managed applications after 60 mintues of inactivity.
7. After confirming PIN the Outlook will redirect to your mailbox. Feel free to modify any settings as necessary. Outlook for Android enables "focued" inbox by default. If you do not wish to use it, feel free to turn it off through the settings menu.
Using other Managed Apps
Download other UMSOM managed applications and use them as much as you'd like! Since the device has been configured, all other applications should require very little to no setup.