What is Microsoft Teams ?
Microsoft Teams is an entirely new experience that brings together people, conversations and content—along with the tools that teams need—so they can easily collaborate to achieve more. It’s naturally integrated with the familiar Office applications and is built from the ground up on the Microsoft Office 365 global, secure cloud.
When will Microsoft Teams roll out broadly to all SOM users?
Microsoft Teams is available now to anyone with a SOM email address.
What platforms does Microsoft Teams support?
Microsoft Teams runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and web platforms.
How do I access Microsoft Teams?
- Via the Microsoft Teams Desktop Client (best user experience). Download the Microsoft Teams Desktop Client here: Microsoft Teams Client Download
- On your mobile device. Download the Microsoft Teams Desktop Client here: Microsoft Teams Client Download
- via the Office 365 Portal. Access the Office 365 Portal using this link: https://Portal.Office.com
Can I collaborate with external colleagues using Microsoft Teams?
Yes, but the external colleague must use Office 365. UMB staff/students with @umaryland addresses utilize Office 365. @umm.edu users do not utilize Office 365 cannot be added to a team. Including users outside the Office 365 infrastructure is on Microsoft's roadmap and should be available in the near future.
What level of security and compliance does Microsoft Teams support?
Microsoft Teams has a broad set of global compliance and data protection requirements, which includes ISO 27001, ISO 27018, EUMC, SOC 1 Type I & II, SOC 2 Type I and II, HIPAA and FERPA. Microsoft Teams also enforces two-factor authentication, single sign on through Active Directory and encryption of data in transit and at rest.
Microsoft Teams Training?
- Microsoft Teams Quick Start Video
- Microsoft Teams Quick Start Guide
- Microsoft Teams Deep Dive for End Users
Need additional help or have issues on Microsoft Teams support?
Please contact the SOM Office of Information Services HelpDesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or your local IT Department IT Support Team.