Skip to main content
- Acceptable use of Email and Confidential Data
- The standard size for a School of Medicine mailbox is 100 GB (gigabytes); the maximum message size is 76800 KB (75MB). Online mailbox archives are available if a user approaches requires additional mailbox storage space.
- Information Services will not forward an active SOM email account.
- We will no longer forward e-mail for terminated employees. Email is legally the property of the School of Medicine; all employees will be responsible for cleaning out any personal e-mail items from your mailbox folders. Any business related e-mail should be backed up or archived for the appropriate person before the mailbox is eliminated..
- To request a new network and e-mail account, the department’s account requestor needs to fill out a Network Account Request Form and email it to the help desk (email@example.com).
- To access SOM email from a mobile device, you must be aware of the Mobile device policy and compliant with the required Policy Settings on Mobile Devices.