To meet the need for high-quality data capture and management in modern research, CTRIC offers a variety of tools to the UMB research community.
Our staff is trained to help researchers utilize the most current technological advantages. Many generic resources can be customized to meet the needs of your study.
TeleForm automates the collection, evaluation, and validation of data collected by scan-able forms.
With the help of OpenText TeleForm designing software, CTRIC offers our researchers custom designed forms. Data collected on these forms can be scanned into the TeleForm system to be read by its character recognition software. TeleForm increases efficiency and accuracy in the data entry process. Data can be exported to datasets in many different formats (SAS, SPSS, Excel, Access, and more).
Ready to create a form?
Save time by coming to us with a draft of how you would like the form to look. We will ask you to complete a Data Dictionary to give us information about the variables you will be collecting on your form.
REDCap is a secure, web-based application for building and managing online surveys and databases. Learn more about REDCap by watching this video.
Now researchers can access all the details of a study from anywhere using REDCap. Log in to the secure site and enter data, manage subjects, update protocol details, manage users, export a dataset, verify data entry, and more. Our staff can help researchers set up rules to automate data verification. Give any member of the study team access to the study site with varying levels of permission and user status.
There is no cost to access REDCap, and a limited amount of complimentary help desk assistance will be provided. In addition, we have a free training session once a month. If you need more assistance than that, or you would like to have someone from our team build and maintain the database for you, we can discuss a pricing structure (contact Tamar Pair).
To use REDCap, users need a UMID and access to the SOM-Redcap VPN for use on campus or outside of the University.
- To gain access to the VPN and/or the REDCap system, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org access
- Include your name and UMID (ex. jsmith). If you do not have a UMID, or are an affiliate and need a sponsor, see instructions here for requesting a UMID.
- Once you have been added to the system, instructions will be sent to you on how to download the VPN and access the REDCap program successfully
First Time Users (first time logging in)
If you have received your REDCap user information and instructions, but have not logged in yet:
- First step is to authenticate your account. An automated e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address provided. You must authenticate to gain access.
- New users cannot be added to existing projects until they have logged into REDCap at least once
- Users will not be able to see projects until they have been added to the project
If you are an established REDCap user, follow these steps to access REDCap:
- Open Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
- Connect to vpn.som.umaryland.edu
- Select group "SOM-Redcap" and enter credentials
- Click Accept
- REDCap URL: https://redcap-secure.igs.umaryland.edu/