Anesthesiology Scholars Program
University of Maryland Anesthesiology Scholars Program
- The department will provide a $15,000/year stipend (in addition to salary) to a physician who commits to a 2-year fellowship. The stipend is provided for the duration of the three clinical anesthesia years and the two fellowship years.
- The two-year fellowship will combine a clinical year and a research year.
- The clinical year may be selected from ACGME or well-established non-ACGME one-year fellowships. The trainee is expected to select and apply to the clinical fellowship, utilizing the usual application time-lines.
- Anesthesiology faculty will mentor the research project. The trainee has the option to initiate the research during residency, as long as ABA requirements are met.
- After successful completion of the 2-year fellowship, the trainee is expected to remain on the faculty of the University of Maryland Department of Anesthesiology for a minimum of two years.
- The Anesthesiology Scholars Program is open to all residency candidates who apply to our 3-year or 4-year residency programs. The application deadline is January 31, 2021. The Scholarship Oversight Committee will review applications. Notification via e-mail of conditional acceptance will occur on or around February 5, 2020.
- Candidates must match at the University of Maryland in order to enter the University of Maryland Anesthesiology Scholars Program.
Application process: Submit required documents (below) via email to Anesthesiology Residency & Fellowship Coordinator: email@example.com.
- CV, including previous scholarly activity
- Essay describing the reason(s) for applying, previous experience in research, and proposed field(s) of study.
For any questions, contact Dr. Caron Hong, Anesthesiology Residency Program Director, at (410) 328-1239.