Maryland Research in Informatics & Analytics Development Laboratory (MYRIAD)
The Maryland Research in Informatics & Analytics Development lab (MYRIAD) is an engineering and clinical software development team embedded in the Department of Diagnostic Radiology and Nuclear Medicine at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. The lab's mission is to work closely with clinical users to understand, develop and build the next generation of workflow and analytics software for use in medicine.
The team sees as its core strength an ability to understand and translate clinical requirements with state of the art technology and software-based tools. The lab is currently funded by several grants, as well as by commercial support. To learn more about the team, and read about current projects, please see below:
FACULTY & STAFF
Mark Daly - BS
Systems Engineering Manager
Jewel Fossett - BS
Program Manager – RSNA Image Sharing Patient Support Center
- C.Meenan – Site Development Co-PI (with Dr. Eliot Siegel, MD as Co-PI) on NIBIB RSNA Image Sharing Network
- C.Meenan – Co-PI (with Dr. Joseph Chen, MD as Co-PI) on NIBIB RSNA Image Sharing Patient Support Center
Recent Publications, News & Resources:
- Langer, S. G., Tellis, W., Carr, C., Daly, M., Erickson, B. J., Mendelson, D. Moore, S., Perry, J., Shastri, K., Warnock, M., Zhu, W. (2015). The RSNA Image Sharing Network. Journal of digital imaging, 28(1), 53-61.
- Informatics leaders in radiology:who they are and why you need them. Morgan MB, Meenan CD, Safdar NM, Nagy P, Flanders AE.
- Solving the Better Data Problem: SIIM 2015 - posted by Chris Meenan.
- Champions of Excellence - University-launched commercialization and tech transfer partnerships.
- Vigilance is crucial for radiology quality control
- Maryland Team part of Healthcare Hackathon at SIIM Meeting May 2014;
- Clinical Imaging Challenges
- RSNA Image Share in Growth Mode
- Standards for Business Analytics and Departmental Workflow
- TRIP to SWIM: Harnessing the power of diverse perspectives on imaging workflow and business analytics
- NIBIB - RSNA Image Sharing Open Source Code Repository on GITHUB
- Kohli M, Warnock M, Daly M, Toland C, Meenan C, Nagy, P. Building Blocks for a Clinical Imaging Informatics Environment. J. Digital Imaging 27(2): 174-181 (2014)
- Nance J, Meenan C, Nagy P. The Future of the Radiology Information System. American Journal of Roentgenology. 2013;200:1064-1070
- Meenan CD, Chen JJS, Knight N, Warnock M, Mohod P, Fossett J. SIIM Web Portal for workflow analytics and imaging lexicon assessment. Presented at the 2013 annual meeting of the Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine. Grapevine, TX.
- Fossett J, Chen JJS, Meenan CD, McKain A, Knight N, Siegel E. Implementation of a Patient-Based Image Sharing Network: Lessons Learned and Novel Opportunities. Presented on June 8, 2012 at the annual meeting of the Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine. Orlando, FL.
- Erikson B, Meenan C, Langer S. Standards for Business Analytics and Departmental Workflow. J Digit Imaging.2012
- KhoD, Bluth E, Meenan C, Nagy P. Certification of imaging informatics professionals (CIIP): 2010 Survey of Diplomates. J Digit Imaging. 2012;25,5:678-681
- Awan Y, Kunce A, Fossett J, Awan O, Chen J, Siegel E. The RSNA’s Image Sharing Project: initial challenges from the patients’ perspective. Presented on November 25, 2012, at the annual meeting of the Radiological Society of North America. Chicago, IL.
- Meenan C, King A, Toland C, Daly M, Nagy P. Use of a wiki as a departmental knowledge management system. J Digit Imaging. 2010;23:142–151.
- Nagy P, Warnock M, Daly M, Toland C, Meenan C, Mezrich R. Informatics in radiology: Informatics in radiology: automated Web-based graphical dashboard for radiology operational business intelligence. RadioGraphics. 2009;29:1897–1906.
- Nagy PG, Konewko R, Warnock M, Bernstein W, Seagull J, Xiao Y et al. Novel, web-based, information-exploration approach for improving operating room logistics and system processes. Surgical Innovation. 2008 Mar 1;15(1):7-16.
- Toland C, Meenan C, Warnock M, Nagy P. Proactively monitoring departmental clinical IT systems with an open source availability system. J Digit Imaging. 2007;20(suppl 1):119–124.
- Meenan C, Daly B, Toland C, Nagy P. Use of a thin-section archive and enterprise 3D software for long-term storage of thin-slice CT data setsJ Digit Imaging. 2006;19(suppl 1):84–88.
- Toland C, Meenan C, Toland M, Safdar N, Vandermeer P, Nagy P. A suggested classification guide for PACS client applications: The five degrees of thickness.J Digit Imaging. 2006;19(suppl 1):78–83.
- Nagy P, Kahn CE Jr, Boonn W, Siddiqui K, Meenan C, Knight N, Safdar N. Building virtual communities of practice.J Am CollRadiol. 2006;3:716–720.