Patient Care Overview
- Dr. Kevin Ferentz with a young patient
Nearly 1,000 University of Maryland School of Medicine faculty physicians provide compassionate, state-of-the-art patient care—not only in Baltimore, but throughout Maryland and the world.
In partnership with the University of Maryland Medical System, the University of Maryland Medical Center, Faculty Physicians, Inc., and the VA Maryland Healthcare System, the School of Medicine serves as the foundation for a world-class academic health center.
Our physicians accommodate more than 600,000 patient visits per year in Maryland alone. In the fight against infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS and typhoid, the School of Medicine has established treatment facilities in South America, Africa and in developing countries around the world.
In addition to the University of Maryland Medical Center, School of Medicine faculty physicians provide care in many Baltimore area hospitals and treatment facilities, including:
- University of Maryland Medical Center
- R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center
- VA Maryland Healthcare System
- University of Maryland Medical System
- University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute
- The Center for Integrative Medicine
- Maryland Psychiatric Research Center (MPRC)
Faculty Physicians, Inc. (FPI) coordinates and supports the clinical activities of School of Medicine faculty at more than 20 practice locations. With more than 1,000 non-physician staff, FPI has 22 professional associations that represent distinguished physicians in over 40 specialties and sub specialties.
To schedule an appointment, please call 1-800-492-5538.