Patient care begins with self-care!
Welcome to the Stress Less and Decompress wellness program.
Meet the Committee
Donna Parker, MD
Joseph Martinez, MD
John Allen, MD
Want to be part of the committee? Click here to be invited to the next wellness meeting.
2018-2019 Academic Year
- Please check back later for 2018-2019 events
2017-2018 Academic Year
The 2017-2018 Academic Year was an exciting year with the launch of our Stress Less and Decompress wellness programming.
- Hosted two breakfasts for Year 1 & Year 2 (Rejuvenation Breakfast Video)
- Offered two Meditation Classes
- Pre-exam food and coffee: Provided breakfast snacks and coffee one business day before an exam.
- ICM 3 days: Made these days shorter and incorporated some wellness programming
- Added wellness talks in Psych and IM Clerkships
- House spaces for students opened in January of 2018 in HSF-I (Lois Young-Thomas House, Julius Friedenwald House, Eva Dodge House, and Mario Garcia-Palmieri House) where students can have social events, meetings, or space for some downtime. Click to read more about our House Advisory System.
- Incorporated wellness topics into the bi-monthly White Coat newsletter in September of 2017, as well as included campus resources such as UMB's Wellness Hub, Student Counseling Center, and Student Health.
- The Complementary and Integrative Medicine Interest Group (CIMIG) created and distributed a wellness survey.
The Journal of the UMSOM Complementary and Integrative Medicine Interest Group