- 2016-2017 Sub-Internship and Elective Overview and Catalog
- 2017-2018 Sub-Internship and Elective Overview and Catalog
REGISTRATION FORMS AND PROCESSES
Drop/Add Forms and Instructions
- Course Add/Drop Instructions
This document will help you to fill out the Drop/Add form correctly. Please read this form before submitting a Drop/Add form to the elective administrator.
- Drop Add Process
Use this document to help guide you in creating your schedule.
- Course Drop/Add Form
This document is OSA's official Drop/Add form. You must complete this form when making any schedule changes in your fourth year.
- Departmental Contacts for Fourth Year Students
This link contains the contact information for all departmental administrators.
Students: Please send your add/drop or off-campus forms to the administrator on the elective, NOT the faculty member.
Off-Campus Elective Forms and Instructions
- Senior Electives Travel Information
This link contains valuable information about off-campus electives.
- Off-Campus Elective Form
The above link contains the Off-Campus Elective form. You must complete this form when you want to add an off-campus elective to your fourth-year schedule.
If you are interested in an international elective, please see the Global Health page.
Main Training Sites
- University of Maryland Medical Center: The University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) is the heart of the University of Maryland Medical System's downtown campus. The hospital provides comprehensive care for the West Baltimore community and tertiary care for Maryland and the surrounding area. The hospital has more intensive care beds than any other hospital in Maryland. University of Maryland Medical Center is the principal clinical site for graduate medical education and the University of Maryland School of Medicine provides the faculty and the program director.
- Baltimore VA Medical Center: The Baltimore VA Medical Center is the acute medical and surgical care facility for the VA Maryland Health Care System and offers a full range of inpatient, outpatient, and primary care services. Located next to the University of Maryland Medical Center with a walkway connecting the two facilities, the medical center maintains an active affiliation with the University in the sharing of staff, resources, and technology.
- R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center: The R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center provides the highest level of trauma care, treating more that 7,000 critically ill and injured patients. The Shock Trauma Center is the designated statewide referral center for head and spinal injuries, multi-system trauma, and severe orthopaedic injuries.
Off-Campus Affiliate Hospitals
Please note, affiliate hospitals may have additional requirements for elective rotations. Students are encouraged to discuss application requirements with the designated contact person.
- Mercy Medical Center
- St. Agnes Hospital
- University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute
- UMMC Midtown Campus
- Sheppard Pratt Health System
- The Maryland Psychiatric Research Center (MPRC)
Last Revision:June 23, 2017