Skip to main content

Alumni Services


The Office of Student Affairs will only process State Board Certifications. All other requests are processed through the National Student Clearinghouse.
For state board certifications:
To avoid delay in the processing of these forms and or approval, please complete the applicant section in its entirety. There is no charge for this service.

Please send state board certifications to the following:
Office of Student Affairs
685 W. Baltimore Street
Suite 150
Baltimore, MD 21201

When requesting degree certifications through the National Student Clearinghouse, you must use University of Maryland, Baltimore. 
National Student Clearinghouse
Phone: (703) 742-4200
Fax: (703) 318-4058


Some agencies will want a copy of your Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE, formerly Dean’s Letter). These will be identical to the one that was initially sent to your residency programs as a senior student with two modifications: The date of graduation is added, and courses for which grades were not available at the time of initial submission are added.

Please send your request to the Office of Student Affairs with your name, graduation year and recipient address.

ERAS Fellowships

We do participate in MIDUS through ERAS. In the contact form, please enter the following:
Tami VanDamme
685 W. Baltimore Street
Suite 150
Baltimore, MD 21201


Transcripts are processed through the Office of the Registrar.


If you are a new graduate, we recommend that you make a few copies of your diploma before you have it framed or laminated, as agencies often want us to verify a copy of the diploma. Should you ever need a new diploma, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 410-706-7480 or There will be a cost for issuing a duplicate diploma.